Cable Organization

Hey guys! I was out running my E-revo 2.0 yesterday and I counted how many times I messed with my car (checking motor temp, cleaning out leaves, etc.) over a 1 hour long run period. In the end I checked on my car a total of 26 times during that period, most of which (19 times) was just pushing the wires back into the body. I would really like to increase my interrupted play time by somehow organising the cables coming from the ESC. How did you guys fix this problem if at all, I'm thinking of just zip tying the wires so that they are shorter but I would like the fix to look good. I want the fix to look as permanent as possible.

I know that the wires aren't long enough to hit the wheels but I have the Limited black and silver body and a big red wire coming out the side sticks out like a sore thumb.

Any ideas are appreciated! Even if you don't own an E-revo I am still open to hearing how you organise cluttered cables.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

Zip tie, or velcro. I found making sure the ends from esc are secured near the connectors helps keep the batteries from disconnecting. Less moving around

I just zip tie to the chassis brace.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I just crisscrossed the plugs to take up some slack. So far it's been enough to prevent wires from sneaking out of the body cover.

Here is how I ziptied mine down. Wires don't move around at all.

Interesting, thanks for the help guys!

I guess I will just ziptie the wires shorter so that there is less slack.

Be careful where the zip ties lay cause you have a chance of wearing into the wires if they rub too much.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    If you are having issues with zip ties wearing through the cables, you might consider a sacrificial layer of heat shrink tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by omen View Post
    If you are having issues with zip ties wearing through the cables, you might consider a sacrificial layer of heat shrink tubing.
    I havent. But I just thought itd be a good idea. But to put something underneath would be a good preventative measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    Be careful where the zip ties lay cause you have a chance of wearing into the wires if they rub too much.
    Usually zipties cause wear through wires because they are loose and are able to rub on the wires. If wires are secured firmly there's less chance of rubbing through.

I dont use zip ties at all. I dont need them. Just throwing out the idea.

RC Competitor
    One of the guys I run with 3D printed a plug holder he found somewhere (or designed on his own, I'm not sure) that works brilliantly. I'll have to ask him next time I see him.
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

Another thought I had was that you could pull the metal tabs out of the connectors and slide a big heat shrink tube over all of the wires. I just don't know if I have a big enough head shrink tube.