RC poster

Exclamation Keep breaking TeknoRC M6 axle stub pin

*Repost from the Ruster 4x4 Forum to expand audience*

Hi everyone- this is my first post in the forum so wanna thank you for your time in reading this.

I have a Rustler 4x4 VXL and I have Tekno RC M6 set all around. My main driving is using 3s 7000mah 80c battery (Zeee) and mainly on street and grass with occasional loose dirt (baseball field). What I have noted is that on the street I keep breaking the stub pin that connects the driveshaft to the stub axle. Specifically the silver pin in part TKR6856 here/. In the rear I usually break the silver pin in half and in the front I have also broken the barrels in half. I drive rough with starts and stops and street drifting.

I would appreciate your help here. Is this something I have to live with (due to my driving style and material limitations) or can something be done here? I know loosening the slipper slightly might help but at the cost of performance. Is there a part that is stronger material for the stub pin that I ca use?

Should I just bite the bullet and upgrade to MIP X-Duty set? Is there a potential for this happening with MIPs also?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Hi everyone- this is my first post in the forum so wanna thank you for your time in reading this.

I have a Rustler 4x4 VXL and I have Tekno RC M6 set all around. My main driving is using 3s 7000mah 80c battery (Zeee) and mainly on street and grass with occasional loose dirt (baseball field). What I have noted is that on the street I keep breaking the stub pin that connects the driveshaft to the stub axle. Specifically the silver pin in part TKR6856 here/. In the rear I usually break the silver pin in half and in the front I have also broken the barrels in half. I drive rough with starts and stops and street drifting.

I would appreciate your help here. Is this something I have to live with (due to my driving style and material limitations) or can something be done here? I know loosening the slipper slightly might help but at the cost of performance. Is there a part that is stronger material for the stub pin that I ca use?

Should I just bite the bullet and upgrade to MIP X-Duty set? Is there a potential for this happening with MIPs also?

Thanks again!
    I have Tekno M6's as well on slash 4x4, and this part does not break at all. In fact, no part of my M6 system has broken yet, but I do full throttle starts and stops and drifting as well. Your truck/wheels might be heavier, but I usually use the Talon XT wheels when I'm sliding on the tarmac (which are much heavier than stock slash tires). How heavy is your truck? Mine is roughly 3-4 lb's.

Another thing; make sure those pins are fully inside, and you have the washers/spacers between the hub (Where the axle rests) and the hex (Attached to the axle, and what spins the wheel) because if they're not, they might be getting looser and causing damage to the surrounding hub as well. However, I've only used 5s NiMH. Haven't gotten a lipo yet, so you probably have monster torque compared to me.

What you could do is spend the $140+ to get the XO-1 driveshafts on there. Those beasts probably won't bend unless you hit the wrong way at full speed. They are rated for 0-60 in like 0.001 secs and 100mph crashes XD.

Another alternative, get titanium pins manufactured to specification, probably not too hyper expensive. I don't know your budget, but in your situation with my current budget I would probably go titanium. Or just learn how to slide it without full throttle! XD

P.S sorry if I rant a lil bit! Let me know if something isn't clear!

Thanks again!
    I just want to let you know that you might get your post taken down on here, the moderators don't like it when you repost from other subforums. I hope you find the help you need though.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC poster
    Thanks for this. Yea I’m using 3s lipos and yea def a lot of torque. I made sure the shims are tight enough.

RC poster
    Thanks for letting me know. Didn’t know it’s a violation of forum rules. Will keep in mind in the future.

Thanks for letting me know. Didn’t know it’s a violation of forum rules. Will keep in mind in the future.
    No problem, I am just trying to warn you should it happen.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    I just want to let you know that you might get your post taken down on here, the moderators don't like it when you repost from other subforums. I hope you find the help you need though.
    Yup, cross-posting threads is not allowed. Please continue this topic in the 4x4 Rustler sub-forum.

Thread Closed.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle