RC Enthusiast

Bulkhead failure

I've ordered a new rear bulkhead, 8629, because my suspension arm ripped out the lower left front steel hinge pin. Also ordered the 5321 hinge pins.

Besides the rear center drive shaft this is the only other stock part I broke. Anyone else have the pin shear off the bulkhead before? I would have thought the arm would have failed before that. LOL

RC Enthusiast
    I just had exactly this same failure. It’s been over a year of tough use for it to fail for me. So I just replaced it with a meh.

Must have tumbled pretty good to rip the pins out. I haven't broken a bulkhead yet on any of my trucks except on the T-maxx's.

RC Enthusiast
    It tumbles quite a bit above 30mph, but I think it was due to mobbing through rock gardens. After swapping the bulk head I realized both pin retainers failed near the skid plate side, but one pin still held up barely. All my bearings inside it were shot, which I expected. Did the front diff as well and no bearing failures and the hinge pin supports looked perfectly fine. Must be the servo saver.

Someone really needs to come out with a rear toe link that is spring loaded like the servo saver to allow flex on hard hits for the rear.

Bulkheads on the 2.0 are super easy to get to. On my 2.5R it was horrific to tear down half the truck to replace a blown diff.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    I just had exactly this same failure. It’s been over a year of tough use for it to fail for me. So I just replaced it with a meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Must have tumbled pretty good to rip the pins out. I haven't broken a bulkhead yet on any of my trucks except on the T-maxx's.

I've never done that on a revo bulkhead, but I have broken a few bulkheads. Usually from hitting a tree head on or a nastly lawn dart landing, causes them to fracture in various places.

Spring loaded rear tierod... that would be nice. Snapped another one this weekend 5 minutes into my run. Seems I break either the end or the shaft about every other bash session on my v2. If it's not those, it's the battery doors.

Would be nice if RPM would make the truetrack for the 2.0... and a godsend for me if they made battery doors out of their material.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I've never done that on a revo bulkhead, but I have broken a few bulkheads. Usually from hitting a tree head on or a nastly lawn dart landing, causes them to fracture in various places.

Spring loaded rear tierod... that would be nice. Snapped another one this weekend 5 minutes into my run. Seems I break either the end or the shaft about every other bash session on my v2. If it's not those, it's the battery doors.

Would be nice if RPM would make the truetrack for the 2.0... and a godsend for me if they made battery doors out of their material.
    If you search Amazon for the erevo rpm true track the description says it will fit all revo models. I would tend to think that it obviously won't include the baby revo. I had no problem getting it to fit my 2.0. I installed it yesterday but heavy rain here today so I can't put it to the test. Now I'm just waiting for my new black body to show up and my blacked out revo will be complete.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

Quote Originally Posted by Junior3815 View Post
    If you search Amazon for the erevo rpm true track the description says it will fit all revo models. I would tend to think that it obviously won't include the baby revo. I had no problem getting it to fit my 2.0. I installed it yesterday but heavy rain here today so I can't put it to the test. Now I'm just waiting for my new black body to show up and my blacked out revo will be complete.
    It fits but is it the same dimensions? Like, are the wheels the same distance from the chassis as with the stock parts?

I ask this because it states on the RPM website that it doesn't fit the E-revo 2.0 (in quick notes)

https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/a...onversion-kit/
    Last edited by ElectricPropils; 11-11-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

It won't fit, the carrier uses different sized bearings than the new hubs have. In theory, the arms would work, perhaps (even though the 2.0 RPM arms didn't fit well on the front of mine), but the carriers themselves won't work.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss