Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    114

    50/50 70/30 transmitter switch

    Anyone have any ideas why some of the newer traxxas transmitters have eliminated the 50/50 70/30 switch?
    The Hoss remotes don't have them for example.. redundancy, since it can be programmed thru the esc?
    Just curious..
    Maybe to encourage bluetooth link module?

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by radio uncontrol; 11-03-2020 at 08:53 AM.

  2. #2
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by radio uncontrol View Post
    Anyone have any ideas why some of the newer traxxas transmitters have eliminated the 50/50 70/30 switch?
    The Hoss remotes don't have them for example.. redundancy, since it can be programmed thru the esc?
    Just curious
    My guess, They were intended for nitro engine vehicles. It gave better control over the throttle. I use it as it gives me more forward throw for bigger carbs. ESC's don't need the physical adjustment, as they can be adjusted independent of the Transmitter.

    And no, the feature can't be done by programming. The switch physically gave your controller 70% forward throttle movement range and 30% reverse movement range.

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    114
    Ahh yes, true..esc only allows 100/100, 50/50 or 100/no reverse settings..

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    RC Champion Acidic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    beaverton oregon
    Posts
    1,768
    I think most people never used it outside of nitro. It reduces parts , cost and assembly time. So my take on why it was eliminated.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    8,137
    Quote Originally Posted by radio uncontrol View Post
    Ahh yes, true..esc only allows 100/100, 50/50 or 100/no reverse settings..

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Not really...

    The 50/50-70/30 switch just changed the throw of the trigger, but did nothing for the total number of steps from 0 to 100%.

    Here is an illustration of what this switch does/did:

    TQI Throttle Modes by Scott O, on Flickr

    Imagine that there are 10 discrete throttle steps in the forward direction, and 10 discrete steps in the reverse direction. Set to 50/50, there is equal spacing between these steps in both directions. Switching to 70/30, you are spreading out the steps in the forward direction, and condensing the steps in the reverse/brake direction.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    114
    ^ Thanks for posting...nice illustrative and informative pic

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Nitronaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    19,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Not really...

    The 50/50-70/30 switch just changed the throw of the trigger, but did nothing for the total number of steps from 0 to 100%.

    Here is an illustration of what this switch does/did:

    TQI Throttle Modes by Scott O, on Flickr

    Imagine that there are 10 discrete throttle steps in the forward direction, and 10 discrete steps in the reverse direction. Set to 50/50, there is equal spacing between these steps in both directions. Switching to 70/30, you are spreading out the steps in the forward direction, and condensing the steps in the reverse/brake direction.
    +100, the brake setup on nitros requires less servo movement than the throttle....

    Good to see ya there Chief!!!
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •