RC poster

Is the stock ESC fire still a thing?

I see a lot of Facebook posts of people are selling the stock esc - iam running stock esc in my x-maxx 8s new model 2020 -

On the posts on Facebook people are still talking about the fires that happend to some in the early 2016/2017?

Is the fires still happening when everything is nearly stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I would not concern myself with past experiences of fires, run it and have fun.

We have had our Xmaxx since Christmas 2018 with 80% of the driving being done by a then 6 yr old who is now 8 yrs old and to date the truck is still stock with all original parts, minus a few bearings here and there.
    We only run 6s but have yet to replace a part, this truck is built to last.

I agree. Why are you thinking they are bad if these incidents are 3-4yrs ago? If there were still problems they would still be happening wouldn't they? Most were of VXL-6s ESC's installed in the Xmaxx and early release VXL-8s before an update that fixed them.

Most replace their electronics because of the "I want a bigger,faster truck."

RC poster
    I do also think they have fixed it - iam only asking because the facebook groups are still saying "fire hazard" ect..

RC Champion
    No disrespect but I don't do FB or any other social media stuff except for these forums and it's mostly to gain knowledge or hopefully add my 2 cents to help someone through my experiences.
    I personally don't beleive they are an issue and I think people over gearing and long stressful run times might be more of the problem then the actual ESC.

I would like to think good brand name batteries and throttle control with good charging ethics will prevent most issues.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    No disrespect but I don't do FB or any other social media stuff except for these forums and it's mostly to gain knowledge or hopefully add my 2 cents to help someone through my experiences.
    I personally don't beleive they are an issue and I think people over gearing and long stressful run times might be more of the problem then the actual ESC.

I would like to think good brand name batteries and throttle control with good charging ethics will prevent most issues.
    Completely agree with this, the lastest VXL 8S ESC's with the lastest firmware update works fine.