RC poster

Stampede 2wd stock ultra shocks or hobbypark aluminum shocks?

Hi again guys,

Like the title says which is better? At this point I am going to just buy a full set of ultra shocks and buy the aluminum top hats or i can get the hobbypark aluminum shocks. Thoughts? How are the hobbypark shocks durability wise?

RC Champion
    How much are the ultra shocks and the Hobby Park shocks? Did you look into Traxxas Big Bore shocks? They have aluminum shock bodies and caps. Might be worth it to just buy them instead by the time you spend the money on the shocks plus aluminum shock caps. The big bores are a much better shock

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Stocks are around $35-40, hobbypark are $35 which are aluminum. The big bore are $59.99. I really don't want to put more money into this rig because we are going to be upgrading to a 4x4 for my son either by Xmas or his bday.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddytrex View Post
    Stocks are around $35-40, hobbypark are $35 which are aluminum. The big bore are $59.99. I really don't want to put more money into this rig because we are going to be upgrading to a 4x4 for my son either by Xmas or his bday.
    If you spend the money on the ultra shocks, aluminum shock caps are $14. You're almost to a set of big bores with better, hardened shock shafts.

But the big bores on the 4 x 4 when you get it, and put the Ultra shocks that come on the 4 x 4 on the 2wd

RC Champion
    What 4 x 4 truck are you looking to get anyway?

I would rather stick with the stock ones than get the Hobbypark shocks since there are no replacement parts for them, so when the seals need to be replaced (which are only $3 for a whole set for the stock shocks) you need to get a whole new set. Also, they aren't very tunable other than the ride-height adjuster (you are not able to change piston hole size, number of piston holes, shock shafts).

Also, you can get the stock Ultra Shocks for cheaper than $30 (the reason they are cheaper is that they are removed from new models instead of individually packaged): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Ult...wAAOSwxbJe7T4f

Edit:
    I would also like to add that STRC makes aluminum shock bodies that fit the stock ultra shocks, so you will be able to upgrade the stock shocks to aluminum later if you want to.

The Traxxas Aluminum shock caps fit with the STRC Aluminum shock bodies:

Last edited by RCWilly; 11-05-2020 at 09:48 PM.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Qualifier
    There are companies that take trucks and purposely break them up and sell the stock parts individually

Dig on eBay and you should be able to find what you want for a reasonable price.

Iím not sure where Traxxas stands on this practice so if I am breaking a rule it is unintentional.

Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk