Y Splitter Ground Question

Hope everyone's well !
    I have a question I want to make sure I plug my fan in the 2 way Y splitter the right way. The fan is the first picture with 2 black wires. The Y splitter is the second picture with red and black. Should the ground, the negative be connected to the ground in the splitter? Black on black ( Negative on negative) and red on red (positive on positive)? I ask because I notice the fan wire does plug into the splitter 2 ways where as the negative could be hitting positive and vice versa.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

THe - goes to black.
    The + with an arro ><v is positive/red.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Quote Originally Posted by Rico116 View Post
    Hope everyone's well !
    I have a question I want to make sure I plug my fan in the 2 way Y splitter the right way. The fan is the first picture with 2 black wires. The Y splitter is the second picture with red and black. Should the ground, the negative be connected to the ground in the splitter? Black on black ( Negative on negative) and red on red (positive on positive)? I ask because I notice the fan wire does plug into the splitter 2 ways where as the negative could be hitting positive and vice versa.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Always connect the wires corresponding to the color or symbol on the connector.

+ Red > Red +
    - Black > Black -

If you don't your fans will run backward
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    If you don't your fans will run backward
    Or not at all. I had that with my hobbystar fans. Plugged both of them in backwards, drove around for half a pack in the grass and noticed my motor was pretty warm... then realized it was also pretty quiet... then noticed the fans I literally just installed weren't spinning. lol!

Now that I'm thinking on it, I'm not 100% sure I had them backwards. I had them plugged into a 3 pin splitter and they were a 2 pin plug like OP has with the +/- on them. I my have had them plugged into the wrong side of the plug, so I was using ground and nothing (signal wire). Pretty sure I had them backwards though. Just glad I didn't fry my new fans.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Or not at all. I had that with my hobbystar fans. Plugged both of them in backwards, drove around for half a pack in the grass and noticed my motor was pretty warm... then realized it was also pretty quiet... then noticed the fans I literally just installed weren't spinning. lol!

Now that I'm thinking on it, I'm not 100% sure I had them backwards. I had them plugged into a 3 pin splitter and they were a 2 pin plug like OP has with the +/- on them. I my have had them plugged into the wrong side of the plug, so I was using ground and nothing (signal wire). Pretty sure I had them backwards though. Just glad I didn't fry my new fans.
    Yeah, or fry your receiver electronics!
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

Thank You for the help guys.