RC poster

Biggest/Fastest motor and upgrades

I have a slash 2x4. I want to make it bulletproof and fast. Any recommendations?

It will be hard to make a 2x4 slash bulletproof if you want it to be fast at the same time. Your gonna break parts. From axles and stubs to diff gears and spur gears. Just going to aluminum isn't always the answer either cause it just moves your weak point somewhere else take it from me:

But i think you need to be more specific. If you want it fast on tar or cement, or a carpet/turf track, that's one thing. But you cant have it be fast on the road and than expect to be able to play on a dirt road or a muddy trail. Those are two totally different setups.

But to add some strength, id start with castor blocks, steering blocks, and hub carriers.. Aluminum ones. Stay with plastic a arms. Aluminum ones will bend and stay bent. And the steering is sloppy from factory. You cant be fast with loose steering. You'll need a good bell crank. And the TSM system is a must if you want to go fast with the 2wd truck.

To get any sort of decent speed your gonna want a lipo battery. At least 5800mah. 3s will break more parts than 2s lipo. Gear high. 16 to 19 on the pinion. This is if you utilize the velineon 3s system... If your using the xl5 system, you'll have to work harder to get the speed you want and you cant use 3s with it. I honestly dont think youd ever get the speed out of the xl5 system that you can get out of the velineon system.

Back to needing some more specifics.. The diff is pretty open as well. If you drive off road, more open is probably what you want but if your looking to go fast on the street, near locked is probably what you'd want. And you cant just add different fluid to the 2wd diff, it'll all leak out. You gotta get a sealed one.

Its a ton of work and money to make one of these trucks bulletproof. Making them fast isnt quite as hard. They'll go as fast as you want them to go. Its just how long the parts will last that way, is the question.

I made a list the other day and I have over 1000$ in my 2wd slash. Pretty much to try to make it a reliable 3s monster truck. Its as good as its going to get i think but I still break parts probably 5 out of 10 runs at least. Mostly axles and pinion gears.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Yeah I forgot top mention it already has upgraded motor, some aluminum parts up front. Runs on 2 or 3s. Got paddle tires in the rear. It's strictly a basher. Maybe a LCG chassis and a different gear and new tires....idk. I just wanted to do something to it

Yeah i think you'll have more fun with a regular tire. The sand tires are great to have though for snow and sand. But pretty much what i said above is what I would do. And did pretty much.

As for the lcg chassis I dont have that. I just never felt like id benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    As for the lcg chassis I dont have that. I just never felt like id benefit from it.

The LCG chassis makes a big difference in performance. It reduces quite a lot of rollovers on the pavement and puts the car into a sideways slide instead. It's also smoother on the bottom and does not hang up on stuff it used to get stuck on. However, keep in mind that it is not for everyone. It lowers the chassis to the same height as the skid plates, so if you drive on grass, there will be more drag created by the chassis. The sway bars also reduce rollovers and is nearly the same price as the LCG chassis, but it reduces suspension travel, so it may not be good if you go offroad often.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

Everyone drives differently, therefor people may experience/find what they consider a weakness in design. I recommend when something breaks investigate as to why, from there decide best way to prevent it. Me I always was taking out my lower a-arms, didn't have good stopping power. So RPM A-Arms and did a brake upgrade.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    The LCG chassis makes a big difference in performance. It reduces quite a lot of rollovers on the pavement and puts the car into a sideways slide instead. It's also smoother on the bottom and does not hang up on stuff it used to get stuck on. However, keep in mind that it is not for everyone. It lowers the chassis to the same height as the skid plates, so if you drive on grass, there will be more drag created by the chassis. The sway bars also reduce rollovers and is nearly the same price as the LCG chassis, but it reduces suspension travel, so it may not be good if you go offroad often.
    My 2wd truck is mostly a dirt truck. Pretty much only cause i dont want to wear out badlands too quickly lol. And its a little easier on my axles.