RC Competitor

2050kv motor in a slash

With a low kv motor like 2050 what effect will this have on thy speed and torque on a slash? Well it overheat dude up lower rpms even with high gearing? Thanks fellas

RC Champion
    On a 2s LiPo battery, it will be slow. 3's battery will have a little more pep. You could feasibly run this motor on 4S lipo if your ESC would allow for it. A lower KV motor like this will always have more torque.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Its gonna give you insane amounts of torque. Maybe too much. I dont think the differentials will be able to handle it neither 4x4 or 2x4. Not the stock ones anyways. You can gear it high and itll go fast enough im sure. 4s is for sure what your gonna want.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

For that low KV of a motor, you should first check whether it fits the Slash first (will be much larger compared to the stock motor). If it fits, it's definitely going to run cool with the same gearing, but you might want to gear it higher since having a lot of torque at the motor puts more stress on the gears and drivetrain of the vehicle.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Competitor
    Yeah ya'll are right on. I've been messing with the numbers and just out of the box running a 3S we're looking at 2050x11.1=22,755 rpm's and that's without even gearing it up. I ran the numbers for different gearing combo's and you can't get the rpm's up high enough to get quick at top speed. It would stick around 10,000 rpm's to the transmission with an 86 spur and I can't remember which pinion but top end speed would be low and run hot as heck lol so I'll stick around 33-3800kv. Thanks fellas

RC Qualifier
    You mentioned 86 spur, is this a 2wd?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
    You mentioned 86 spur, is this a 2wd?

It is a 2wd.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

I think its gonna be way too much torque for the 2wd setup. Especially with 4s. But let us know if you pull the trigger.

RC Qualifier
    Assuming its an 1/8 th scale motor from the kv, that's alot of weight to have hanging off the back of a 2wd. Will make it understeer even more.

Kv is not a torque parameter. I have a 1/16th scale 1500kv motor and believe me it will not out torque a 2200kv 1515 castle motor. Kv is a speed parameter, the size of the can and the strength of the magnet are what produce torque.

Im sure he isn't talking about a 16th scale 2000kv motor for his 10th scale slash. I would think an 8th scale 2050kv motor will be a torque monster with 4s regardless, wouldn't you?