RC poster

New Proline Tires with removal hex adapters - thicker plastic - tekno driveshafts

Hi,

I'm running tekno rc driveshafts in my slash 4x4 (tekno kit parts 6851x and 6852x).
    Also trying the new proline tires with removable hex adapters (trencher model).

What I found is the new proline removable hex adapters are thicker plastic where they slip over the tekno 6mm stub axles, and you can't get a fully threaded hex nut when you bolt your tire on. (This would be the plastic that is seated against the outside of 12mm hex nut on your driveshafts).

When you compare tekno and traxxas stub axles, the tekno's are shorter from the hole in the axle to the end of the threaded portion.

So, to get a full nut, either need a lower profile lock nut or longer stub axles. Anyone got a fix, or you just can't use the new proline tires with removal hex adapters?

Thanks!!

RC poster
    Well, I happened to have a set of aluminum 12MM hex nuts from Tekno to mount the tires onto stub axles. They are thinner than the plastic 12mm hex nuts. Using these I get just barely a full nut (threaded stubaxle flush with end of locknut). In the industrial bolting world, you always want to threads protruding past the end of a nut by 2 threads, but this is RC car racing lol, and hopefully that flush threaded stub axle on the locknut will hold the tire on.

Cheers!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rasher100 View Post
    Well, I happened to have a set of aluminum 12MM hex nuts from Tekno to mount the tires onto stub axles. They are thinner than the plastic 12mm hex nuts. Using these I get just barely a full nut (threaded stubaxle flush with end of locknut). In the industrial bolting world, you always want to threads protruding past the end of a nut by 2 threads, but this is RC car racing lol, and hopefully that flush threaded stub axle on the locknut will hold the tire on.

Cheers!
    To add to that, you could even add some loctite to keep it even more secure