RC Qualifier

Has anyone made a Trax-equipped TRX-6?

It just occured to me and I need to know!

I think I am going to get Trax for the snowblower TRX-4. But a TRX-6 with these would be awesome for the snowblower, but maybe a bit harder to maneuver.

Thoughts? Show pics if you have them!

RC Qualifier
    That would be nice for the snowblower. Hope to see you do it soon.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I think that a TRAX equipped TrX-6 would work great. You should check the size of the TRAX to make sure the rear two on each side don't collide.

Quote Originally Posted by Invincibl View Post
    I think that a TRAX equipped TrX-6 would work great. You should check the size of the TRAX to make sure the rear two on each side don't collide.
    Won't work, there is not enough space between the back axles to accommodate the tracks.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

You won't be able to fit the Traxxas Trax on the rear 2 tires because of their size, but if you lengthen the axle mounts and driveshaft (maybe the chassis depending on how large the Trax), you can fit it in. But you wouldn't be able to use the stock body, or not without some modifications.

However, I had some tank tracks from a toyish hobbish grade tank, I did some testing and they would fit around the tires if the tires were a tad bit smaller. A dual track mount could be designed with CAD and 3d printed, and I'm sure it could be done. I just don't have the skill in CAD yet to do such a thing, so it's going on my every growing RC bucket list.

Another possibility is buying 2 sets of Traxx (someone might offer them as a pair on Ebay but that's rare) and modifying one of the Traxx mounts to only have the drive sprocket and the rear half, allowing you to fit 2 of them side by side on the TRX6 without rubbing, but the problem with this is finding tracks that will fit it. I think a 1/16 rc tank track is around the right size for it, and looking at the mount system, the guide wheels will most likely fit most inner track patterns, and the drive sprocket can be modified, or a new one can be made if necessary.

So short answer, no the TRX6 wont fit the Traxx, long answer, depending on how far you want to go, yes.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Racer
    I wish someone would make these I made something similar out of old tires from my trx6 and rivets but it was too tight the tires were rubbing together and I have not got around to remaking it but they do work

Quote Originally Posted by chris5100 View Post
    I wish someone would make these I made something similar out of old tires from my trx6 and rivets but it was too tight the tires were rubbing together and I have not got around to remaking it but they do work
    I think you can bring the last axle a little bit closer and shorten the wheelbase, or heat the treads up and stretch them.

On the other hand, you could put tracks only on the front, it still looks pretty cool, and will help in the snow.
    I'm not exactly sure about the gear ratio of the tracks, but they seem similar to the tires. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp4BLd11j4w

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    On the other hand, you could put tracks only on the front, it still looks pretty cool, and will help in the snow.
    I'm not exactly sure about the gear ratio of the tracks, but they seem similar to the tires. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp4BLd11j4w
    I agree with the idea shown in this video, a mixed vehicle.

RC Qualifier
    I wonder what the change in 'wheel' speed is from front to rears with that set up.

So maybe a rear frame extension to space the rear axle back further? Or else, could the forward axle in the rear be moved further forward with some frame hole drilling?

I need to get my hands on TRX6 now...

Maybe this might help? I thought about doing something similar. Here is what I measured the front tracks as:

If you used a set of front tracks on the middle axle (front axle of the two rear ones) you would need to move the axles less apart than using the longer rear set in that location.

RC Qualifier
    Smart. I will keep this in mind.....