RC poster

Question Steering not working properly and funky throttle

I got my Slash all put together and took it out for a drive only to find more problems. So here it goes...
    Before I start I have a 2005 2WD Slash-Model Number 5805. The Transmitter/Receiver, ECS, Motor, and servo is stock.

1) When I turn the wheel to the left the wheels what to turn right or will just not turn left at all. Turning right is all good. It also at times just want turn on its own, and no one touching the controller at all. I have also noticed that the are seems to be rubbing against he LCG chassis when ever the car turns left. Could that be the problem of the problem of the car not turning left?

Also the servo is a Traxxas Digital 2075

2) Some times the car just randomly starts to go forwards or backwards. And some times the steering on the controller will make the motor move.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help

Not sure about the signal problems (maybe too old or that the 27mhz system is picking something else up). The newer 2.4Ghz systems don't have any type of interference. I would suggest getting some newer radio gear.

For the steering, the rod that the servo saver connects to is not the same length for the stock chassis and the LCG chassis. The LCG chassis needs it a bit shorter. I found a PDF of the instructions (where it says "servo link" on the bottom middle-right):
    https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...226_EN_WEB.pdf

Check if the length is right. If it is off, then that is most likely the issue.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Qualifier
    Are you using the two lower sets of holes to attach the servo? If you are you should sand the area the rod end is rubbing for clearance with a sanding drum on a dremel or something similar. Make sure your servo is centered with the radio and the servo saver arm is in the correct position according to the LCG instructions. I'm not familar with the older radios but i'd suggest reading up on them through Traxxas support if you don't have the old manual. It almost sounds like a TSM issue but I know those early radios did not have it.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    the servo is in the correct spot...I might get the other arm and move it down.

I tested the servo without the are on and it still did the same thing not wanting to turn left some time. I think that the servo might be bad...if not I i might have to upgrade to the 2.4Ghz system.

RC poster
    U might have sum teeth missing .
    Just change to the new system
    Get a savox steel gear server.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RangerHarry View Post
    the servo is in the correct spot...I might get the other arm and move it down.

I tested the servo without the are on and it still did the same thing not wanting to turn left some time. I think that the servo might be bad...if not I i might have to upgrade to the 2.4Ghz system.
    I would say the servo gears are chewed up. Mine wouldnt return to center for a while and then it wouldnt turn at all. I upgraded to the metal gear set and was good.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk