RC poster

Slightly wet conditions.

Is it safe to drive in slightly wet conditions?

Yes

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Yes

To elaborate on what Acidic01 said, you can most definitely get your Traxxas E-revo wet.

The E-revo along with a large selection of other Traxxas vehicles are "waterproof" and are designed with getting wet in mind. That being said nothing is completely "waterproof" and without proper care it is very possible that excessive water can damage your vehicles electronics.

If you have ever opened the receiver box on your Traxxas vehicle and did not seal it back up with a proper silicone paste the it is very possible that water can find its way into your receiver and cause damage. It is also very recommended that you re-grease any bearings that you have on your car accordingly depending on how often you get it wet. I use WD-40 dry lube on my bearings and any other joint in the car about every time I drive to keep everything running smooth and reduce wear/rust.

In the case that you run in salt water I recommend that you do a complete rebuild of your car and let all of the metal parts sit in WD-40 for a week before re-greasing all of your bearings because otherwise you will lose your car to the Rust Gods.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

I just gave a quick and dirty answer. Didn't have time to go into details

Don't fully submerge the car. Batteries are not water proof.

And rx cover may not be fully sealed.

If running in standing, water puddles. Cover the tire rim holes with duct tape,. Or make vent holes in the out side of the tires so water can get out.

If I know I'll run in water and more so at the beach. I'll give the car a good coating of wd40 and let it dry before I run the car that way it won't rust as fast. And then clean car right after. Salt will rust everything in a day or two.

I try not to wd40 the bearings as it will eat the stock grease in the bearings over multiple sprays.

I hose the car off with a gentle spray after running in mud or sand.

I also put a piece of duct tape of the rear motor bearing to keep stuff out of it as will prolong the sealed bearing life.