RC Competitor

Best all around tires?

Looking for tires for my 2wd slash running 3s. I'm basically on hardp pack and sometimes pavement. Should I just buy two sets? Looking at the Duratrax six packs. I'm not sure how to determine off sets either. Also, should I go higher than the stock 12mm? Sorry for so many questions, just want to get knowledgeable about so aspects of the slash. Thanks as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Michiganmisfit7 View Post
    Looking for tires for my 2wd slash running 3s. I'm basically on hardp pack and sometimes pavement. Should I just buy two sets? Looking at the Duratrax six packs. I'm not sure how to determine off sets either. Also, should I go higher than the stock 12mm? Sorry for so many questions, just want to get knowledgeable about so aspects of the slash. Thanks as always!
    12mm is the hex size for your hub. No matter what tires you get, you want to make sure they have a 12mm hex hub so they'll fit your truck.

Offset is fairly simple. Positive offset is when the hub is out past the wheel line. Positive=Past. Negative offset is when the hub is in near the vehicle. Negative=Near. Our slash 2wd trucks are just a tiny bit wider in the back than in the front i believe. The front rim has a more negative offset to compensate for that. So keep this in mind when picking tires.

I like the proline badlands myself. But Ive seen people recommend the sixpack tires. These will be my next set of tires for my slash. If you want you can get a MT or a ST tire. The (M)ud (T)ire is wider and shorter. The (S)tadium (T)ire is more narrow and tall.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Awesome! Thanks!

I've heard that Proline Trenchers are a good all-round tire. The Badlands seems to be more offroad oriented, so choose whichever one that suits your driving. I personally think the Traxxas S1 compound Kumho tires have a good balance between all-round performance and scale looks.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the info-

RC Champion
    2.2 proline sand paws for off road , good on grass, sand , dirt... on rpm wheels
    1/8 belted tires for on road
    you really need two separate tires for on and off road
    Good luck!

RC Champion
    GRP is a good brand of belted street tires , you need 17mm adapters though

Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    If you want you can get a MT or a ST tire. The (M)ud (T)ire is wider and shorter. The (S)tadium (T)ire is more narrow and tall.

I have the Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A. What are those, then? Is it M/T or is it T/A (Whatever that means)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedieGonzales View Post
    I have the Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A. What are those, then? Is it M/T or is it T/A (Whatever that means)
    On bf Goodrich tires the t/a stands for traction advantage. Thats just something they do i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Michiganmisfit7 View Post
    I've been through this same conversation on so many different threads so I'm just going to summarise.

Get the Proline Trenchers, I have them on my Rustler turned brushless and they have lasted me several years with little wear and great all around traction. My 2wd Rustler can almost do a backflip off of the wheelie bar with these things. And as for hexes, almost all new Proline wheels come with removeable hexes so if you strip one you can replace just the hex and not the entire wheel. If you happen to come to the conclusion that you would like the proline trenchers then I have supplied the link to the appropriate size below.

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...unted-raid.asp

I hope this helps!
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.