RC poster

Tires for gravel

Hello! I saw a video where they drove the XO-1 on both tarmac and gravel. Where can I find tires that fits for this? Is there any other Traxxas model that has the same dimentions/tires?

Link the video you saw, and maybe someone will recognize the wheels they are using. For the record, though, gravel is the last place a XO-1 should be. Ooops, actually the bottom of a lake should be the last place. A gravel road should be next to the last.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

why on gravel ? xo-1 not made for off road ..........
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

Quote Originally Posted by Digge View Post
    Hello! I saw a video where they drove the XO-1 on both tarmac and gravel. Where can I find tires that fits for this? Is there any other Traxxas model that has the same dimentions/tires?
    The XO-1 is too low to really go off-road, it also has the air intake on the underside of the chassis which is used for cooling the motor and that will absolutely cover the entirety of your electronics in dust and dirt if you don't cover it up.

If you are referring to the video where Traxxas takes the XO-1 on a dirt path (**Supercar Canyon Run**) then you should know that video is purely promotional and you should only drive the XO-1 on flat pavement.

**https://youtu.be/tWejrp_wPDU**
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

Mr. Electric, looking at the link you posted, it looks like the road is asphalt with patches of dirt on it from storm runoff. The XO-1 could handle that, because it's just a thin layer of dirt on asphalt. (IMO) Traxxas probably used this road in their video, because of how cool it would look kicking up dirt in slow-mo.

Mr. Dig, if this is the video you're talking about, there's a big difference between running a XO-1 on asphalt with a little bit of evenly spread dirt on it, and a all gravel or sand road that would shred your undercarriage or get you hung-up every time you turned around. If you're thinking about getting a
    XO-1, it's best to run it on clean even asphalt...like a nice big parking lot, or a seldom used road.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-13-2020 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Mr. Electric, looking at the link you posted, it looks like the road is asphalt with patches of dirt on it from storm runoff. The XO-1 could handle that, because it's just a thin layer of dirt on asphalt. (IMO) Traxxas probably used this road in their video, because of how cool it would look kicking up dirt in slow-mo.
    I would also think that the XO-1 could handle a loose layer of dirt but that doesn't mean that I would ever drive on a surface like that. I just thought Digge was referring to that video, I do agree with you though.

Yeah, I wouldn't drive mine on a surface like that either. I'm more of a grippy kind of guy. Drifting and sliding around with an on-road car has never interested me.

Yeah, I wouldn't drive mine on a surface like that either. I'm more of a grippy kind of guy. Drifting and sliding around with an on-road car has never interested me.
    I get that.

You get it, you got it, and that is good. (lol)

You get it, you got it, and that is good. (lol)
    Tis indeed good!

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    Tis indeed good!
    Tis, and remember...when you have a XO-1 every day's a holiday, every meal's a feast, every pay check's a fortune, and every Traxxas forum post is a family reunion. .