Thread: 4wd bandit?

4wd bandit?

I drove a friend's bandit once, and it was fun, (very easy to corner compared to my Sl4$h, which did not have lipo at the time) but I think it would be so much better offroad as well if it was 4wd. I have limited experience with said bandit tho, It was only running a 7-cell nimh (now that I have a 2s lipo in my Sl4$h, it seems kinda underpowered) So I dunno... I saw some people complaining about wheelies in their bandits... what do you guys think? Would a 4wd bandit be good? The body shape will probably have to be wider, but I think it would be fun to drive, even if it doesn't look perfectly like the original. It might become a thing if enough people want it. If someone wants to, they could try and 3d print a 4wd chassis, and share with everyone else their thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedieGonzales View Post
    I drove a friend's bandit once, and it was fun, (very easy to corner compared to my Sl4$h, which did not have lipo at the time) but I think it would be so much better offroad as well if it was 4wd. I have limited experience with said bandit tho, It was only running a 7-cell nimh (now that I have a 2s lipo in my Sl4$h, it seems kinda underpowered) So I dunno... I saw some people complaining about wheelies in their bandits... what do you guys think? Would a 4wd bandit be good? The body shape will probably have to be wider, but I think it would be fun to drive, even if it doesn't look perfectly like the original. It might become a thing if enough people want it. If someone wants to, they could try and 3d print a 4wd chassis, and share with everyone else their thoughts?
    That is kinda what the 4x4 Rustler is, I think the point of the bandit is that it is more of a dune buggy with the skinny turning wheels in the front and the wide high grip off-road wheels in the back. I don't see a need for it being 4x4 but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be cool to see.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    https://youtu.be/JIHexKl0F58

The 4wd trx buggy traxxas never built...

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    That is kinda what the 4x4 Rustler is, I think the point of the bandit is that it is more of a dune buggy with the skinny turning wheels in the front and the wide high grip off-road wheels in the back. I don't see a need for it being 4x4 but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be cool to see.
    Ye, I didn't drive his Rustler (it was only 2wd tho) and to me, It seemed like he had a harder time keeping it from fishtailing than he did with the bandit. The bandit just felt so agile, but also like it wanted to loose grip on a concrete basketball court... so on grass, it won't have the grip, but if it was 4wd, I can imagine it feeling better than my Sl4$h. at least in thin grass or semi-packed sand. In the tall grass, sl4$hy looks like a bouncy little dog. XD

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    https://youtu.be/JIHexKl0F58

The 4wd trx buggy traxxas never built...

Before the TRX-4? XD also, susp seems a little too stiff. btw it feels like a 1/16, not a 1/10th. also, wing is not big enough, it needs to be bigger. Always bigger.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I don't understand... It is a 1/10 buggy made from a trx chassis

Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Huh, seemed smaller than 1/10. That's cool tho. We really should get a 4wd buggy (not a stadium truck like the Rustler)
    Florida Man cares not from whence the speed comes

4wd and 2wd handle very differently. The Bandit is probably one of the lightest (and smallest) 1/10th scale vehicles. Since it's a 2wd, the steering angle is pretty sharp. Having a 4wd would give it more offroad capabilities, but it won't feel as agile as the 2wd due to the added weight, and decreased steering angle (driveshaft limits the steering angle).

If you want the Bandit to be more stable, get tires that are better fit for the terrain you are running on. The stock tires are pretty hard and don't hook up well on most surfaces.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    4wd and 2wd handle very differently. The Bandit is probably one of the lightest (and smallest) 1/10th scale vehicles. Since it's a 2wd, the steering angle is pretty sharp. Having a 4wd would give it more offroad capabilities, but it won't feel as agile as the 2wd due to the added weight, and decreased steering angle (driveshaft limits the steering angle).

If you want the Bandit to be more stable, get tires that are better fit for the terrain you are running on. The stock tires are pretty hard and don't hook up well on most surfaces.
    Hmm, did consider weight but not steering angle. maybe put a bit more bump steer on it to compensate for the reduced steering? Also, it shouldn't be TOO much more weight, just 3 shafts, and a diff case.
    Florida Man cares not from whence the speed comes