Thread: Accessory Panel

RC poster

Accessory Panel

New to the hobby , loving it so far.
    E-Revo VXL is my first Hobby grade RC and I can't get enough both with driving and tinkering/upgrading.

I have installed a YR cooling fan and heatsink on the motor , and also some LED lights on the front and rear bumpers. I have them all plugged into the receiver and just now realized(through the full manual online) that the ESC(VXL6s) has an accessory panel on it that is much easier to get to than the open channels in the receiver box.

Does it matter whether these fans and lights are plugged into the receiver or the ESC? If I was to plug them into the ESC , what connectors would I need to get for it? The lights came with the same type as the receiver which I do not think will plug into the ESC(Has an empty 3rd hole). The fan lights have a 2pin connector that I do believe will plug into the ESC.

Is there any benefits or drawbacks to either one? Will one of them work with the "lights" button that shows up in the traxxas bluetooth app?

Appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugitivelama View Post
    New to the hobby , loving it so far.
    E-Revo VXL is my first Hobby grade RC and I can't get enough both with driving and tinkering/upgrading.

I have installed a YR cooling fan and heatsink on the motor , and also some LED lights on the front and rear bumpers. I have them all plugged into the receiver and just now realized(through the full manual online) that the ESC(VXL6s) has an accessory panel on it that is much easier to get to than the open channels in the receiver box.

Does it matter whether these fans and lights are plugged into the receiver or the ESC? If I was to plug them into the ESC , what connectors would I need to get for it? The lights came with the same type as the receiver which I do not think will plug into the ESC(Has an empty 3rd hole). The fan lights have a 2pin connector that I do believe will plug into the ESC.

Is there any benefits or drawbacks to either one? Will one of them work with the "lights" button that shows up in the traxxas bluetooth app?

Appreciate the help.
    I don't believe that it matters where your lights/fan is plugged in, as for controlling them with the app using the bluetooth module that doesn't seem to be possible at the moment.

Traxxas did however come out with a light kit for the Rustler 4x4 recently and that uses a power module which is controllable from the app. Hopefully some time soon they will release a light kit much like that one for the E-revo.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

The 8 pin(? Perhaps 6pin I don't remember at moment) or so plug on the esc is ment for the trx led light kit module. Kit is Made for maxx, udr and xmaxx so far...

I have made a maxx led kit work with the erevo2... the module itself is the same for all cars. Just different light bars for the respective cars.

No one has figured out the pin out of the pins for the esc power tap. Or if it has special needs like resistors or the like as I've yet to dissect or see how exactly the led module is made..... From what I've learned In Using the trx led kit the plug It will have a power and ground. Breaking active, and reverse active. And hi and low headlight. Then I think roof led bar (udr) perhaps low and high...

Can be controlled by link app...

The led kit module outputs 16v. To the kits led lights As I used the spare plug on module to power a 12v underbody led strips for my xmaxx adding in a resistor inline to drop the voltage to what I wanted to make it dimmer. And not over drive my leds

You Can try to map the esc plug pin out. Or just get a battery tap. Or use a 2s receiver battery to power your lights.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The link app controls for the lights is only active if you have the led module installed. So I don't see how one could control fans without the led module to talked to the esc and therefore the link amp.

I don't see a led kit being made for the erevo 2. As there is zero stock places to mount it. I mounted mine with double sticky automotive tape to the top of the rx box. As only mounting place I could find. Of course if trx made a new lid with mounting points all good....

But. Led light kit wires are sub par. And any rock or stick will break them while bashing. They be like 28awg wires. Tiny... My nose hairs seem to be thicker... I also don't think the led module is waterproof or resistance well enough either...

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    The link app controls for the lights is only active if you have the led module installed. So I don't see how one could control fans without the led module to talked to the esc and therefore the link amp.

I don't see a led kit being made for the erevo 2. As there is zero stock places to mount it. I mounted mine with double sticky automotive tape to the top of the rx box. As only mounting place I could find. Of course if trx made a new lid with mounting points all good....

But. Led light kit wires are sub par. And any rock or stick will break them while bashing. They be like 28awg wires. Tiny... My nose hairs seem to be thicker... I also don't think the led module is waterproof or resistance well enough either...

Knowing Traxxas, they would probably find a way to put it next to the receiver box, there is a little bit of room there (or at least enough). I imagine them making something that branches off of the receiver box's mounting post.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.