Thread: UDR Bodies

RC poster

UDR Bodies

Does anyone have a good site for a new clear Body for the Traxxas UDR where i can custom order i would like to get something other than stock and the F100 body style but havent seen any others out there.

Thanks
    Greg

RC Qualifier
    Unfortunately those are the only two lexan bodies currently in production for the UDR. Now you could use the wheelbase (420mm) and track width (345mm) to find some other body that will fit, but it'll take some serious digging. And to find a clear one, now you're on a unicorn hunt.

That's the biggest downside to the UDR; it's a new size of vehicle in the RC world, and the aftermarket is a bit slow to catch up. But given the popularity of the vehicle that shouldn't last for too much longer.

Try old Barbie, GI Joe, Tyco, Nikko or New Brights. They'd be hard plastic bodies and a project to install, but you'd have a VERY unique UDR.

The UDR only has those two options (as far as I know). I think the body styles are limited due to the role cage.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Racer
    The only ones I've seen is the Proline Ford...or the stock body.....would like to see more.....I'd like to see a Ram body myself....

RC Racer
    We need trophy truck bodies from Ford, Toyota, Chevy and Dodge Proline!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dbestfromclovis View Post
    We need trophy truck bodies from Ford, Toyota, Chevy and Dodge Proline!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yes, different body styles would be great! But I think using the stock body and different decals would also transform the look of the truck (for the better).
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

Unbreakable / Indestructible Bodies...

Yeah, I really wish they had more body options too.

I think what I'm gonna do is keep my new body a shelf-queen when I hang the UDR on the wall and buy an unbreakable/indestructible body for running it. Then I don't have to worry about strengthening it (i.e., Shoe Goo mod which worked GREAT on my X-Maxx btw) and I couldn't care less about roll overs, etc. and banging up the beautiful FOX body. I think I'll get the white version body and put my own stickers on it. They even have complete racing stickers for the UDR but they are pricey. The Hooters one would match the orange scheme! I wish I did this with my X-Maxx in the beginning so this is my plan for the UDR. Anyone using these unbreakable bodies? Do they come precut, just have to drill the holes for it?