RC poster

Speed is no more available on dashboard after firmware update

Hi all

I've recently updated the firmwares on my Maxx (automatically triggered when I launched the Link App).

Before that update, the car estimated speed was available on the dashboard (based on gear ratio + motor RPM, I don't have telemtry).

But now, it doesn't work anymore : at standstill, the speed is null. When moving, the speed is at 100.

Anyone has experienced this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Benos View Post
    Hi all

I've recently updated the firmwares on my Maxx (automatically triggered when I launched the Link App).

Before that update, the car estimated speed was available on the dashboard (based on gear ratio + motor RPM, I don't have telemtry).

But now, it doesn't work anymore : at standstill, the speed is null. When moving, the speed is at 100.

Hmm, that sounds like Traxxas made an oopsie.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC poster
    Same this happened to me today. I have tried to ask but am not getting any responses back

RC Champion
    Hi all

Quote Originally Posted by TMaxXCraSH View Post
    Same this happened to me today. I have tried to ask but am not getting any responses back
    żDo you run the stock VXL 8S ESC?

RC poster
    Stock vxl 4s esc

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TMaxXCraSH View Post
    Stock vxl 4s esc
    żDid you check in the App the source of speed for the Telemetry?, you must select the ESC source for it.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    żDid you check in the App the source of speed for the Telemetry?, you must select the ESC source for it.
    The source seems to be automatically set to ESC and receiver

Honestly, it looks like a bug in the firmware.

That's what I'm thinking it is, if it was working before then Traxxas probably made a mistake with their last update.

RC Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    That's what I'm thinking it is, if it was working before then Traxxas probably made a mistake with their last update.
    Probably, I need to check mine, even though I have a Max6 in my rig, not the stock VXL 8S.

RC poster
    Just got my maxx last week.... same issue but was already up to date out of the box.... Traxxas is having send it to them to evaluate... they say they’ve never heard of this

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by babyyoda View Post
    Just got my maxx last week.... same issue but was already up to date out of the box.... Traxxas is having send it to them to evaluate... they say they’ve never heard of this
    Wait for the results, please post here the response from them when they return you the truck.

RC poster
    haven't sent it in yet, due to the holidays... but here's some news... My kid loves the green Maxx so much she literally gave me all her Christmas money for it (Daddy gave her a fantastic deal) .. So yesterday, I buy myself a replacement Solar Flair maxx and guess what, same problem as the green one

Quote Originally Posted by babyyoda View Post
    haven't sent it in yet, due to the holidays... but here's some news... My kid loves the green Maxx so much she literally gave me all her Christmas money for it (Daddy gave her a fantastic deal) .. So yesterday, I buy myself a replacement Solar Flair maxx and guess what, same problem as the green one
    Yeah, it's definitely a software problem.

RC poster
    So glad I didn't send in my truck ... I called and told them the second truck is doing it too.... the tech went to engineering and they told me they are aware of this and DO NOT send anything in, and nothing is wrong with my trucks... they are working on an update