RC Qualifier

Slayer Pro Wheel Offset

Does the Slayer Pro wheels have the same offset as a Slash 4x4 wheel?

Brad

Slayer uses 14mm hexes and the Slash 4x4 uses 12mm. Axle shaft sizes are different too. Tires are the same. It's not as easy as buying Slash wheels and slapping them on the Slayer.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    I have some stock Slayer wheels if you need to know the offset I can look and measure next time i'm at my shop. I've always wondered if the Slayer tires or foamwere different from Slash because of the extra weight.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    I have some stock Slayer wheels if you need to know the offset I can look and measure next time i'm at my shop. I've always wondered if the Slayer tires or foamwere different from Slash because of the extra weight.

Thanks that would be great. Appreciate all your help.

Brad

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Slayer uses 14mm hexes and the Slash 4x4 uses 12mm. Axle shaft sizes are different too. Tires are the same. It's not as easy as buying Slash wheels and slapping them on the Slayer.
    Thanks for the heads up. I am building a Slayer Pro out of a project Revo and have all the parts but wheels. I was just wondering what the offset difference is. Not much information out there.

I do like the discontinued Renegades MattyTooTall is running on his truck. Post 126/page 4 on the Slayer Gallery. I couldn't find any of these with a 14mm hub so I am thinking he is running a 12mm hub and Slash wheels. They appear to have more offset than a 14mm Slayer Pro wheel.

Thanks again,

Brad

RC Qualifier
    I measured from the rim edge to the outer surface of the wheel hex and came up with 1.25" or roughly 31.5mm on the stock Slayer wheel and slightly less on some Pro-Line Epic Bead-Loc wheels i have.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BMP Racing View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I am building a Slayer Pro out of a project Revo and have all the parts but wheels. I was just wondering what the offset difference is. Not much information out there.

I do like the discontinued Renegades MattyTooTall is running on his truck. Post 126/page 4 on the Slayer Gallery. I couldn't find any of these with a 14mm hub so I am thinking he is running a 12mm hub and Slash wheels. They appear to have more offset than a 14mm Slayer Pro wheel.

Thanks again,

Brad
    I wonder if those aren't 2.8" wheels/tires with a 17mm hex. If you zoom in on the left side rear tire it doesn't look like a SCT tire. I have some 17mm hexes on a couple of my Slayers and a Pro-Fusion 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    I measured from the rim edge to the outer surface of the wheel hex and came up with 1.25" or roughly 31.5mm on the stock Slayer wheel and slightly less on some Pro-Line Epic Bead-Loc wheels i have.
    Thanks for the information.

They did make the Epic in a 14mm hex at one time?

I wonder if those aren't 2.8" wheels/tires with a 17mm hex. If you zoom in on the left side rear tire it doesn't look like a SCT tire. I have some 17mm hexes on a couple of my Slayers and a Pro-Fusion 4x4.
    Does Traxxas make a small nut 17mm style hex? I though they were all large nut 1/8th scale buggy style, but my total product knowledge is a little lax! The Matty nuts look like they are slayer size. LOL

Thanks again for everything!

Brad

RC Qualifier
    Yes, the Epic wheels were offered in 14mm but were discontinued quite a long time ago (10 yrs?) I picked up a few sets off ebay since then but have not seen any in the last 3 to 5 yrs. They always had Switch tires mounted on them too. I've put 14mm hexes on my Slash trucks and used them, much less offset than the standard 2wd rear/4x4 front/rear. They're similar to the Pro-Tracs in offset.

RC Qualifier
    There are companies that make different style 17mm adapters. I don't have more info than that but I have 17mm adapters on my 4x4 Slash that use a large washer/nut.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, the Epic wheels were offered in 14mm but were discontinued quite a long time ago (10 yrs?) I picked up a few sets off ebay since then but have not seen any in the last 3 to 5 yrs. They always had Switch tires mounted on them too. I've put 14mm hexes on my Slash trucks and used them, much less offset than the standard 2wd rear/4x4 front/rear. They're similar to the Pro-Tracs in offset.

There are companies that make different style 17mm adapters. I don't have more info than that but I have 17mm adapters on my 4x4 Slash that use a large washer/nut.

I ended up ordering some Raids and will use the 12mm Slash rear centers as long as the tires clear. I'll make some custom centers in 14 or 17mm if the 12mm ones don't hold up.

Thanks again.

Brad

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BMP Racing View Post
    I ended up ordering some Raids and will use the 12mm Slash rear centers as long as the tires clear. I'll make some custom centers in 14 or 17mm if the 12mm ones don't hold up.

Thanks again.

Brad
    Doesn't Pro-Line have 14mm hexes for those wheels?

RC Qualifier
    Doesn't Pro-Line have 14mm hexes for those wheels?

They do, I might have to give them a try.

Brad
    Last edited by BMP Racing; 11-16-2020 at 01:15 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The 14mm hexes made the tires stick out of the body. Had to shorten the Slayer Pro arms 1/4" in the front and 3/8" in the rear. Ordered some standard Slayer toe links as well.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, sometimes those adapters add some crazy offset to the wheels. I didn't check my 14mm adapters to see but I think they were made for the "monster" truck look.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, sometimes those adapters add some crazy offset to the wheels. I didn't check my 14mm adapters to see but I think they were made for the "monster" truck look.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
    These were the hexes made for the Arrma Senton 3S 4X4.

Brad

RC Qualifier
    Well, I ended up shortening the front A arms 1/4" and the rears 3/8" So the tires would tuck into the body. I am running Hyrax SC XL's. The 88mm Slayer Pro length Tube toe links were way too long then. I ended up using Tubes meant for the original Slayer that are 74mm in length. I got my toe set on the front and rear fine with the short standard rod ends.