RC Racer

What are the LVCs set to on the stock ESC please?

I know there are 2 LVC settings on the truck as standard, but does anyone know what they are set to? I'm trying to set my low battery warning on the link app to something useful.

I think on my truck, stage 1 sees a specific voltage & latches the ESC to 50% power, but what voltage to it need to see to do this?

After that I understand stage 2 is the throttle disconnect, but again, what voltage does that occur at please?

Cheers everyone.

I'm not sure about the stage 2, but when the stage 1 turned on my batteries read 3.5v. I stop driving when I hit stage 1.

RC Racer
    Same here.
    I just don't know when it actually kicks in. The voltage obviously drops on load, and the app tells me the minimum voltage seen, but all I know is I've passed stage 1 LVC. I'd like the app to give me a warning before I get there.
    Last edited by Chewbacca 3; 11-14-2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Can't spell!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca 3 View Post
    Same here.
    I just don't know when it actually kicks in. The voltage obviously drops on load, and the app tells me the minimum voltage seen, but all I know is I've passed stage 1 LVC. I'd like the app to give me a warning before I get there.
    You can set an audible alert in the Link App for low voltage. I also cut the run with the first LVC.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    You can set an audible alert in the Link App for low voltage. I also cut the run with the first LVC.
    That's what I'm trying to set.

I'd like a bit of warning from the app before the LVC stage 1 kicks in. I have the voltage display on the app set to display the minimum reading, as well as the real time level.
    Last time I used the truck the minimum level I'd recorded was 25.3 when stage 1 kicked in, so it is somewhere a little higher than that. The real time reading with the truck stationary was still up at 27.6.
    I think I'll try 28 for the warning level, I got no warning at all where it currently is.

I'm just after a 5 minute warning that I'm running out of battery juice!

RC Racer
    First stage kicked in with the off load voltage 27.9 today, with lowest recorded level 25.6.

With the warning set at 28, I got the odd phone vibration while driving for the last 5 minutes, then the constant just about the same time LVC kicked in. So far so good.

Glad the 28v setting is working out.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca 3 View Post
    First stage kicked in with the off load voltage 27.9 today, with lowest recorded level 25.6.

With the warning set at 28, I got the odd phone vibration while driving for the last 5 minutes, then the constant just about the same time LVC kicked in. So far so good.
    Perfect

RC Racer
    Lowest recorded level was 25.8 today.
    I'm glad it's consistent.

That said, 28v for the alarm is still proving good.