RC poster

X Maxx that wont move.

I have a truck that I’ve owned for almost 2 years. Let it sit and the 3c batteries went bad. I bought the Traxxas kit with charger and 2 4c batteries 2 weeks ago. It wouldn’t move when i first put em in but i fiddled with it and it starting driving and playing great. Cut it off and took it out his weekend. Cant get it to move. The steering works fine but it wont move forward or reverse. Checked battery charge on transmitter and truck. No change.
    I need some advice from someone with better experience with these please. It doesn’t try to move. Not like a broken part or slipping clutch.
    It seems to not respond to the throttle but the steering works fine.
    Last edited by Tp93p; 11-15-2020 at 09:19 PM.

RC Champion
    Any lights on the esc ?
    Does it roll / wheels spin free
    fabricator

RC Qualifier

X Maxx that wont move.

Is the esc making a chirp for each S of you battery. 8S, 8 chirps.

Do you have the Bluetooth chip. The ESC made need a firmware update or reset to defaults.

There may be a way to reset the setting to default with the transmitter. Check the manual I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dmarzke; 11-16-2020 at 09:36 AM.

RC poster
    all the lights still light up on the esc like I remember that it always has and I can scroll it thru the modes.
    I do not have the blue tooth option but im considering it if itll help me diagnose the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Tp93p View Post
    all the lights still light up on the esc like I remember that it always has and I can scroll it thru the modes.
    I do not have the blue tooth option but im considering it if itll help me diagnose the issue
    When you are trying to make it move what lights are lit on the ESC? That will help us.

Different leds lit up mean different things.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    When you are trying to make it move what lights are lit on the ESC? That will help us.

Different leds lit up mean different things.
    ^ check page 19 and 20 in the manuel to see the different light indications.

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...-OM-EN-R00.pdf
    Last edited by ElectricPropils; 11-16-2020 at 12:59 PM.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC poster
    I just downloaded and printed the manual and reading up. Ill take home with me tonight and hopefully have a better understanding of what is happening.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tp93p View Post
    I just downloaded and printed the manual and reading up. Ill take home with me tonight and hopefully have a better understanding of what is happening.
    Hi mate, when you read the manual, says us what you see in your ESC. As the mates says, each LED sequence means a different thing.