Thread: 7460 vs 7460A/R

RC Qualifier

7460 vs 7460A/R

Hello, Im in the process of converting a Skash 4x4 to a Rustler 4x4. I believe I have everything, however the motor mount from the Slash 4x4 I have (LCG) doesn't line up.

It wont fit behind the battery post, as can be seen here

Now, looking through varios exploded views, the plastic motor mount I have is 7460, seen here on the Rally:

However, it appears I need 7460A as this has a slightly different recessed shaped corner

Can someone comfirm my theory, and answer this. If I purchase 7460R (The blue aluminium one), it will fit my Rustler 4x4

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/310489/

Thanks

RC Racer
    Even i was stumped about this, i HAD an Integy aluminum motor mount, but the motor plate holding screw stripped out and i had to replace the mount, long story short. So i bought an STRC aluminum motor mount, had the same issue you do currently....i decided to grind off JUST enough material to gently "wedge" the mount in its proper position, yet still accept the screw close by. Im not sure if this will help you, as my mount, its....well,

It mounted! Lol! Let me know if the pics work, i'll draw on one for a little guidance.

Apologies, im hella busy trying to get my Rusty up n running as i had NO play time today, lol. I didnt check your link, but hopefully you are dealing with a similar issue? The only other issue I can think of, was the first time I tried to buy an aluminum motor mount, and it was made for a slash 4x4 non-lcg chassis.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Hmmm. Not sure what to do as I dont want to start grinding things

Hopefully I can obtain 7460A or 7460R easily enough in the UK.

When did this change happen does anyone know? My Rustler Battery tray doesnt seem like its the bigger one which confuses me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    Hmmm. Not sure what to do as I dont want to start grinding things

Hopefully I can obtain 7460A or 7460R easily enough in the UK.

When did this change happen does anyone know? My Rustler Battery tray doesnt seem like its the bigger one which confuses me!
    Late May/early June. I ordered mine on 5/21 and they weren't able to tell me which chassis I'd be getting because the part# didn't change. The rep at Traxxas said "you'll know when you take it out of the box". It ended up being the older chassis.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    It was changed when traxxas started making the rustler 4x4 with the extended battery chassis. I bought the rustler 4x4 from a hobby shop which probably had the first wave of rustlers sold to the public? I donít know the exact date they switched over but this lead to a bunch of confusion which should be all clarified now.

At the time when I purchased the rustler 4x4, there was no kingzhead motor mount for the rustler yet. I bought the slash 4x4 lcg one which has worked up until they changed the chassis.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi

We have both 7460a and 7460r in stock at uk importers so order with your local modelshop

Rich

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard@JP View Post
    Hi

We have both 7460a and 7460r in stock at uk importers so order with your local modelshop

Rich
    Ive found it in stock at Wheelspin, but dont know if its what I need?

RC Qualifier
    Crisis over. As you can see the difference is the lower corner

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I think there was an earlier version of the aluminum motor mount 7460x that was replacement for 7460, I guess once the newer chassis came out with 7460a stock, 7460r was created to supersede 7460x as the aluminum upgrade for all lcg chassis.

Itís probably going to be a bit messy for a while as old stock traxxas as well as aftermarket mounts designed to replace 7460 still in stock or even production in some cases and people buy them for rustl4rs and not realizing they have the new chassis requiring 7460a/r shaped mounts. :/