Thread: Brand rules?

RC poster

Brand rules?

Am I seriously not allowed to talk about anything that doesnít have traxxas plastered all over it here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
    Am I seriously not allowed to talk about anything that doesnít have traxxas plastered all over it here?

Well it is the Traxxas forum, so there's that.

Rustler 4x4 VXL

RC poster
    Ok but Iím on gun forums where we talk about literally everything and a mustang forum that doesnít get threads locked when you talk about what gas you use.....

Ok but Iím on gun forums where we talk about literally everything and a mustang forum that doesnít get threads locked when you talk about what gas you use.....

They probably are just general forums, not brand specific. Huge difference. They also probably aren't owned by the brand.

Rustler 4x4 VXL

RC poster
    Smith and Wesson threads on glock forum, f150 threads on mustang6g, gas engine questions on oil burners.net, drag car questions on rccrawler, all forums that support the 1st amendment. Peace.

Smith and Wesson threads on glock forum, f150 threads on mustang6g, gas engine questions on oil burners.net, drag car questions on rccrawler, all forums that support the 1st amendment. Peace.

Oh boy, one of those...

Rustler 4x4 VXL

Well, this is a Traxxas forum. Traxxas allocates profits to pay for the expenditures of the site, its maintenance and rights to use the software behind it. We don't pay to join. There are no advertisements. We don't have to prove that we purchased a Traxxas product (new or used) when we sign up. It is free to us but not to someone else.

Traxxas provides the forum as a mean for enthusiasts of Traxxas to come together as a community to share about our vehicles and receive help or guidance about any problems we may have with them. This is Traxxas's home so what they say goes and we should be respectful of that. Just like your home - you set and enforce the rules on your property. If you bought a Duratrax charger, SMC battery, RPM a-arms, Avid bearings, Savox servo, et al. then your money went to those companies and they should direct funds to provide support for their products.

Guidelines for discussing aftermarket parts:

The Traxxas message board is provided as a service for current and future Traxxas customers where they can exchange information and ideas about ownership, function, usage, modification, and enjoyment of Traxxas products.

In response to questions we have received regarding the removal of threads about other manufacturer’s parts, we are posting these guidelines to help you know what content is acceptable and what content will be removed. Please be aware that moderators do not delete content solely on the basis that it mentions a non-Traxxas, aftermarket part. The determining factor is whether the discussion is application or service related.

The moderators will allow discussion regarding:
    1. Pros and cons of purchasing an aftermarket part for your Traxxas vehicle.
    2. Sharing your experiences, either bad or good with a particular part.
    3. Posting what it took to install the part and what you had to modify to make it work in your Traxxas vehicle.

Please note that these issues are specifically related to the application of that product in your Traxxas vehicle. The Traxxas message board is not the place to discuss how to repair, setup, or otherwise service other manufacturer’s parts. It is the manufacturer’s responsibility to dedicate resources and provide that type of information and support for their customers. Here are examples of things that will get your post deleted and, if you persist, get you warning points.

1. Posting specification questions or answers about a non-Traxxas part.
    2. Posting repair and troubleshooting tips for non-Traxxas parts.
    3. Posting where to find the lowest priced parts for non-Traxxas parts (other than a simple direction to check at your LHS).
    4. Attempting to get troubleshooting information for a non-Traxxas part

If you purchase a non-Traxxas aftermarket part for your model, we suggest that you first know and understand what kind of support is available for that part directly from the manufacturer. If they cannot provide accurate, timely, and reliable support, do not look to the Traxxas message board as a substitute. Traxxas moderators will not allow technical support related discussion for non-Traxxas aftermarket parts. If you have problems with a non-Traxxas part you will need to contact the manufacturer directly or consult the LHS where you purchased the part. If you have questions regarding this policy, please PM the forum moderators.

I am all about the Constitution of the great United States of 'Merica! But do you know what the First Amendment says? Was that taught in Civics class in school when you went through? Or did you talk about VTEC and Hondas the whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by Constitution of United States of America
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    It does not give you a free pass to say anything you want at any time. You cannot yell "FIRE" in a crowded movie theater. You cannot yell "THIS IS A ROBBERY" in a bank. I cannot come into your home and disrespect you verbally to you or your family and cry "My First Amendment right is being violated!!!" when you throw me out.

Pointing to other forums is not a good example. Their rules may be similar or much more liberal and/or they are governed differently. It is up to the owner of those forums to be the ruling authority of what is allowed or not. There are other forums out there that allow discussion of Losi, HPI, Horizon Hobby, Arrma, Duratrax and all the others. If Losi or HPI build a forum and allows all discussion of anything RC, then great. If they allow only their brand, that's fine.

By signing up and posting here, you are agreeing to adhere to the rules set forth by Traxxas. If you don't like them, nothing forcing you to stay. This board is not the only one out there and there are other forums and social media platforms where you can talk about whatever you want. Nothing keeping you from exercising your right to post there.
    Last edited by Double G; 11-18-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    The Super Derecho