I did a thing with my shocks! Looks good :D

I am waiting for Castle to fix up my motor, so in the meantime, my brother decided to try and make friends with the mailman's truck and his little cheapo crawler thing (Turning radius is so bad, no diffs lol). And now I have 4 steel shocks. What I did was I put it on the inside between the outside spring and the shaft, the front shocks no longer bottom out! It's literally stopping me like 1-2 cm off the ground/counter XD (I am not funny, just end it please...) I haven't run it yet, prob wont for like A week till I get my motor back, So I want to hear your guys thoughts.

Oh, I also put the rear non-progressive springs on the front and the progressive ones from the front on the back with a lot of pre-load, it felt like a true trophy truck! I think I have pic from slash rebuild thread. It feels really nice like that, I suggest you get the stamp/slash non-progressive rear springs, slap them on the front with one medium large spacer (Second biggest i think) and on the rear with like all the non-paper thin ones. It's quite soft but it looks AMAZING even in realtime, not just slomo! I'm gonna throw the rear ones on as well, see how it feels and yeah...

oof forgot photo lol
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoQ...ew?usp=sharing

Oh, also, i got a second kit of spacers, you prob need that...
    Last edited by SpeedieGonzales; 11-18-2020 at 02:01 PM.
    Florida Man cares not from whence the speed comes

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedieGonzales View Post
    I am waiting for Castle to fix up my motor, so in the meantime, my brother decided to try and make friends with the mailman's truck and his little cheapo crawler thing (Turning radius is so bad, no diffs lol). And now I have 4 steel shocks. What I did was I put it on the inside between the outside spring and the shaft, the front shocks no longer bottom out! It's literally stopping me like 1-2 cm off the ground/counter XD (I am not funny, just end it please...) I haven't run it yet, prob wont for like A week till I get my motor back, So I want to hear your guys thoughts.

Oh, I also put the rear non-progressive springs on the front and the progressive ones from the front on the back with a lot of pre-load, it felt like a true trophy truck! I think I have pic from slash rebuild thread. It feels really nice like that, I suggest you get the stamp/slash non-progressive rear springs, slap them on the front with one medium large spacer (Second biggest i think) and on the rear with like all the non-paper thin ones. It's quite soft but it looks AMAZING even in realtime, not just slomo! I'm gonna throw the rear ones on as well, see how it feels and yeah...

oof forgot photo lol

I don't know what I was expecting but that wasn't it.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    I don't know what I was expecting but that wasn't it.
    What, that it would work well? (the swapped shocks, not the interior steel ones, those are very stiff, drop tests feel good so far)

You gonna try it with yours?

You gonna try it with yours?
    I don't know, it kinda makes me want to try to screw my shock collars all the way down on my Trx-4.

I'm sure that would lead to a boost in performance, don't ya think?

oof forgot photo lol

Wow... that's a lot of preload, but I can see why a lot is needed for the front springs to fit in the rear.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

I don't know, it kinda makes me want to try to screw my shock collars all the way down on my Trx-4.

lol, I guess it depends on the spring stiffness (if it is very soft, it can benefit). My Defender has all the weight of the roof rack and spare tire and everything, so I have the rear shocks screwed (almost) all the way down. I like to have a little droop in the front (25-30%), so when it is climbing a hill (the weight is mainly transferred to the rear), the shocks can still extend a little to keep the front tires down. If it is completely cranked down, the front shocks won't be able to extend any more, so the front tires could lift up. JMHO

BTW, unless you know the exact stiffness n stuff AND it fits snugly over the shaft (Like maybe pen spring size) I don't reccomend it... VERY stiff and bouncy, only good for absorbing impacts, not handling. I can't wait to try it at the LSP (Not the Louisiana State Police, the Local Skate Park XD)

Without the cheapo steel ones, however, it feels very nice on road as well, not just the desert terrain.
    Last edited by SpeedieGonzales; 11-18-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Let me know/send pics/video if you try the shock setup I have in the image

Depending on the terrain you would.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Depending on the terrain you would.
    I guess if i'm pulling a loaded trailer going 30mph over rough terrain I would see an improvement in performance.

XDDDDDDDDD
    I had to make it longer cuz it was too short.

I guess if i'm pulling a loaded trailer going 30mph over rough terrain I would see an improvement in performance.
    Then you would need a very big motor for that to happen

Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    Then you would need a very big motor for that to happen
    I just checked my Trx-4 to see if you could fit a bigger motor in there and I think it is possible with a lot of modifications. Luckily I'm not dumb enough to tear up a perfectly good Trx-4 just for fun.

Anyway, does anyone have a Hoss power system that they are willing to give away......

I just checked my Trx-4 to see if you could fit a bigger motor in there and I think it is possible with a lot of modifications. Luckily I'm not dumb enough to tear up a perfectly good Trx-4 just for fun.

Anyway, does anyone have a Hoss power system that they are willing to give away......
    lol, a couple of months back, SBG fitted a VXL 6s system into a TRX-6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2zi...Ll6Q&index=178

Luckily I'm not dumb enough to tear up a perfectly good Trx-4 just for fun.
    Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q0uEntw70c

Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    lol, a couple of months back, SBG fitted a VXL 6s system into a TRX-6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2zi...Ll6Q&index=178
    There will always people bold enough to do stuff like this.

There will always people bold enough to do stuff like this.
    And if there aren't people, there's always a Kev Talbot XD

Seriously i want to see other ppls experience with this shock setup!

Just a bump post, I want to see someone run these while i'm waiting for my motor to get back!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-05-2020 at 02:23 AM. Reason: merge