RC poster

Nitro 4-Tec parts

So I recently picked up a Nitro 4-Tec roller and am just now realizing how difficult it is to locally find any replacement parts. I'm curious as to what everyone has been doing to keep theirs running. I'm mostly just looking for advice or recommendations like parts for other cars that will bolt on and such. Specifically the drive train components. One example is the clutch bell + gears. I cannot source one locally and would rather avoid paying mark up and shipping from multiple sites. I saw this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3L1Y0S...ing=UTF8&psc=1 on Amazon and was wondering if it would work with the stock drivetrain. Any other recommendations are appreciated for any other parts.

It's hard to find parts for. I have wanted to get one multiple times in the past, but the issues you are facing are why I never picked one up. If I was you, I would look for OEM parts only, unless you find an upgrade part from a reputable company that was unanimously agreed upon as a good simple upgrade.

You bought a discontinued model. Expect real parts to be hard to find, marked up, or non-existent anymore. I think your best bet is garage sales and the equivalent online. Find someone who has a N4T that sat in a garage for 10 years, or someone who crashed one and broke it, but it still has lots of good parts. There is a good amount of them floating around still, so keep your eyes peeled, probably the best way to get decent prices on used parts. Without crashing, a good amount of the parts won't just wear out easily.

I just think you might be unhappy if you bought random no-name parts on amazon when they don't work exactly right or don't fit. Go find OEM parts IMO.

Good luck.

-Mike

RC poster
    Figured as much. Any idea if any of the 4-Tec 2.0 parts match up. (Suspension/driveshafts etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrieys View Post
    Figured as much. Any idea if any of the 4-Tec 2.0 parts match up. (Suspension/driveshafts etc.)?
    No, they are completely different vehicles. The 4 Tec 2.0 is a shaft-driven electric vehicle, with cvd driveshafts, and the Nitro 4 Tec is a belt-driven nitro vehicle, with plastic yoke driveshafts. If you compare the chassis layouts, they are completely different.

Nitro 4 Tec:

4 Tec 2.0:
    Last edited by RCWilly; 11-19-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.