RC Qualifier

When will TRX-4ii drop? What will it have?

There must be a TRX-4ii coming at some point.....what could it have that would amaze you?

What must it have to maintain its king of the hill status?

When will it be released?

Needless to say, I am looking forward to it. Maybe some of you have inside info.

- air suspension?
    - 4 wheel steering?
    - 3-4 motor drivetrain (like new Hummer EV)?
    - integrated winch and winch control (front and rear)?
    - Driver figures and scaled interiors? (Preferably with arms that steer and shift, and head that swivels)
    - IFS retro kit? Things to make the TRX-4 'go fast'?
    - clipless body setup...something innovative?
    - tire air up-down capability?

I would be happy with just a new lower price!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    New features probably would mean no lower price! But one can hope

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Not sure if trx will make a version 2. They got it right the 1st time

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Not sure if trx will make a version 2. They got it right the 1st time

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    If you look at all of the truck makers out there, their next generation rigs have basically copied what the TRX4 has. That really says something about how well Traxxas did on their second attempt at a trail rig.

With that, the one feature I would love to see on the TRX4 is an optional dig. Of course, they could take that one step further by using the TRX4's drive train as a base, throwing in a dig and making a caged rock buggy, something to compete directly against the Capra and Gatekeeper.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

^Agreed. Dig feature would be nice!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    I think it would be neat to see what Traxxas could add to the TRX-4 to make it into another machine. Like you said, a competitor to the Capra for instance.

On the control side of things, I think having a couple of additional accessory channels would be nice to include in a next gen release.

RC Racer
    I would like to see a AXE edition with a axe brushless combo and all reef servos

I'm not too sure there will be a TRX4-ii, or at least not in the near future.
    Traxxas has pretty much made the TRX4 perfect, there's not too much they could do to improve it.

An IFS would definitely be cool, especially with the unlocking diffs, which gives it superior speed handling. Maybe we could see a 1/10th scale trophy truck or prerunner?
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

IFS sounds like an awesome idea, but one question, IFS with portals or IFS without (is IFS with portals even a thing? lol)?

I would agree that Traxxas most likely won't come up with a TRX-4 ii any time soon. The Slash and Stampede models haven't had a version 2 for almost a decade... However, if they do, here's a list of stuff that I would like them to consider:

- Lower CG battery tray / redesigned chassis layout

- Redesigned front steering (maybe resolve the driveshaft chatter at full lock)

- Comes standard with metal steering horn

- Better servo

- Metal-geared shift servos

- ESC with a stronger BEC or comes standard with the separate BEC unit

- Better bumpers and sliders

- Standard with beadlocks

- Sealed diffs (?)

- Fluid-filled transmission (?)

- Lockable Center Differential (?)

- Changeable overdrive on the front from remote (?)

The ones I tagged with a question mark isn't necessarily possible or very practical, but it would definitely be cool to have.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Qualifier
    Ifs with portals is a thing, both rc and fullsize.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post

Yeah, it's almost better, since the diff is already higher with independent suspension. Add portals, and you have a lot of clearance! Flex might be a problem, though.
    𝘚𝘓4𝘚𝘏

Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post

Yep,

Hummer H1s use portaled IFS

But fluid filled transmission sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Dealing with grease on my hands is already enough, I don't need a full out oil pool
    Last edited by TITANIUM94010; 11-22-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I don't think a version 2 will be coming anytime soon due to the reason I mentioned in my 1st post, but... A trx4 ultimate would be sweet.

Id like to see...
    Metal servo horn
    Upgraded servo
    Different s1 tire tread
    Sensored bl system
    Brass portals
    Lcg batt tray
    High clearance bumpers
    Lexan interior
    Rock lights and light kit included
    Overdrive ft axle gears included
    Beadlocks

Instead of a dig, a rear wheel locker that could independently lock the left or right rear tire while the rear diff is open. Kind of like a 1 wheel dig, leaving 3wd to really make the truck turn like a tank.

I realize this would cost about 50% more than the rtrs, but it would definitely put the trx4 into the ultimate realm...

Just my fantasy

Edit: more dependable micro servos...
    Last edited by rag6; 11-23-2020 at 12:10 AM.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC poster
    A lot of the things mentioned are available through after market companies. Such as Hot Racing, Yeah Racing and GRC to name a few. If Traxxas includes them price will skyrocketed. Especially aluminum parts, costing 2-3 times more expensive than aftermarket aluminum ones.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JCM5 View Post
    A lot of the things mentioned are available through after market companies. Such as Hot Racing, Yeah Racing and GRC to name a few. If Traxxas includes them price will skyrocketed. Especially aluminum parts, costing 2-3 times more expensive than aftermarket aluminum ones.
    Totally agree with this.

RC Competitor
    If we look at traxxas and how they work they only really update something when sales really start to fall off. With the popularity of the trx4 i would imagine it may be many years before we see an actual version 2. Also traxxas changes tend to be very incremental. See the rustler with the stinger then xl5 then vxl still mostly the same vehicle all these years later. If we get a new model it would most likely just be an upgrade to the current platform.

Yeah, that is true.

I myself would prefer them using a cheaper servo, a upgraded servo might be good, but there still are lots of better options out there.

True, but I think Traxxas should come out with a few solutions that aftermarket parts don't have (IFS kit or something like that). I would also like them to come out with a regular TRX-4 kit without any electronics, tires, and body, or a TRX-6 kit.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Racer
    man traxxas really dropped the ball they could of made a ram trx brushless edition to go with the ram trx launch

RC Enthusiast
    I personally wish that you could change between Trail and crawl mode from the remote - also wish they fitted an external on/off switch to the ESC - this having to remove the body each time is a pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor928 View Post
    I personally wish that you could change between Trail and crawl mode from the remote - also wish they fitted an external on/off switch to the ESC - this having to remove the body each time is a pain in the butt.
    This is likely something that will not change, Traxxas is more or less committed to this design. Besides, when the truck is not on the battery should be unplugged. The ESC continues to draw voltage when it is not on, has no lipo protection in this state, and could drain a pack down enough so that it is damaged. Just about everyone I know has made this mistake, including myself.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    This is likely something that will not change, Traxxas is more or less committed to this design. Besides, when the truck is not on the battery should be unplugged. The ESC continues to draw voltage when it is not on, has no lipo protection in this state, and could drain a pack down enough so that it is damaged. Just about everyone I know has made this mistake, including myself.
    Agree with this.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor928 View Post
    If you have the Defender/Bronco/Mercedes/Chevy/Tactical or kit, not the Sport, you can change the speed in the TX. The body shell only have four clips, is easy to remove.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    If you have the Defender/Bronco/Mercedes/Chevy/Tactical or kit, not the Sport, you can change the speed in the TX. The body shell only have four clips, is easy to remove.
    Correct and there’s always magnetic body mounts and they do have an “easy start trigger trx4 switch” that you can install. Just a small extension lever that allows you to turn the stock esc on and off by pressing underneath the chassis just search the auction site

RC Champion
    Correct and there’s always magnetic body mounts and they do have an “easy start trigger trx4 switch” that you can install. Just a small extension lever that allows you to turn the stock esc on and off by pressing underneath the chassis just search the auction site
    Yes, this is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-TRX...oAAOSwjXZcpmwv