RC poster

Angry Slipper clutch shaft and gear

I am having problem with my slipper clutch shaft and the gear that will go on it. Is there any other way That people can get on I try using the deep socket and sliding over it and hammering it and got to a point and would not move any father. Two i try to use some sand paper and it only slip on to a point then would not go any father. Is there any thing ealse i need to try I am just frustrated and don't know what to do and thanks for the help in avance.

RC Qualifier
    Heat the gear with a lighter, the best lighter to use is a butane log/grill lighter. Then drop it on quickly.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

If you heat up the shaft, you can put the gear in a freezer and itll make it even easier.

Hold the shaft with pliers when you heat it up, then slide the gear right onto the shaft and let it cool on its own.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Wait, it just drops on when you heat it up? No hammering? Which should you heat, shaft or gear? When I did this on my stampede, I hammered it on.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpider25 View Post
    Wait, it just drops on when you heat it up? No hammering? Which should you heat, shaft or gear? When I did this on my stampede, I hammered it on.
    Heating the gear will make it expand, it should make it easier to drive it onto the shaft than if they are both room temperature. You can try freezing the shaft (it will contract) but it's hard to coordinate the two processes and put them together.

But do you still need to hammer it on, or does it just make it easier?

RC Qualifier
    It will make it easier although it is possible it could drop in place too depending on manufacturing tolerances.

I am assuming that you have not tried this on these particular parts then. I guess I will have to do my own testing on this next time I need to mess with the top shaft on any of my trucks.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpider25 View Post
    I am assuming that you have not tried this on these particular parts then. I guess I will have to do my own testing on this next time I need to mess with the top shaft on any of my trucks.
    Yes, I have done it in the past. I use Pro-Line transmissions mostly now.

Thanks for the help! I will certainly apply this new knowledge to the next time I need to mess with the top shaft or the gear that is on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    If you heat up the shaft, you can put the gear in a freezer and itll make it even easier.

Hold the shaft with pliers when you heat it up, then slide the gear right onto the shaft and let it cool on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Whoops. That was definitely backwards.

Heat the gear, freeze the shaft.