RC Competitor

What to use to strengthen body

Bought a new x maxx today wondering what works best to make stock body last longer

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Big androski View Post
    Bought a new x maxx today wondering what works best to make stock body last longer
    Hi mate, welcome to the Traxxas Forum, the best mod for body strengh is the shoe goo with duct tape, there are any videos and threads in the forum.

RC Competitor
    Thanks I will do that

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    https://youtu.be/i-p-Pa3mJPs

This will help keep the edges of your body from cracking. I had an issue with the sides of the body cracking. I also shoo goo'd my cage to the body. The rear will still be prone to stress. I cut a random sheet of plastic to fit in the bed and goo'd it all down. Body has lasted 3 years, still solid, body does not pop off.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

There is also this stuff:
    https://rcbodyarmor.com/
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    That's the stuff in the vid I posted above, but link doesn't work for me in vid or your post

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

I didnít see your post. I guess I opened it and took a while to find and post my reply.

Both your link and mine work/open fine for me.

Here MSMís vid that you posted:

Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

I like that RC Body Armor, but I've never cared for the Body Washers, ShoeGoo or Duct Tape thing. I've found that using the Traxxas tail gate protector, brush on truck bed liner, and body bending restrictors work a lot better, and looks a lot better too. The idea here is to keep the body from bending to much rather than just making the body thicker.

Yes, making the body thicker will make it last longer, but stopping the excessive bending will eliminate the problem. I've showed this before, so I still have my pictures. Here's a couple of them showing the front and back.

This only works with a new unused body. So, if your body has been used, then I'd do the ShoeGoo thing to get the most out of it. After that, though, you might want to give what I do a shot.

Here's the brush on bed liner (3 coats works the best, and doesn't interfere with the support cages installation)...looks better too.

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-24-2020 at 04:59 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I like that RC Body Armor, but I've never cared for the Body Washers, ShoeGoo or Duct Tape thing. I've found that using the Traxxas tail gate protector, brush on truck bed liner, and body bending restrictors work a lot better, and looks a lot better too. The idea here is to keep the body from bending to much rather than just making the body thicker.

Yes, making the body thicker will make it last longer, but stopping the excessive bending will eliminate the problem. I've showed this before, so I still have my pictures. Here's a couple of them showing the front and back.

This only works with a new unused body. So, if your body has been used, then I'd do the ShoeGoo thing to get the most out of it. After that, though, you might want to give what I do a shot.

Here's the brush on bed liner (3 coats works the best, and doesn't interfere with the support cages installation)...looks better too.

This is what I would do if I still had a stock body...... I missed my body to go over the rear bumper

As over time the tailgate will bend over the rear shock towers and break the body...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Looks good are those body supports homemade or did you buy them I was already thinking about using bed liner instead of drywall tape and shoe gue be alot easier to and its holding up good ?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    There is also this stuff:
    https://rcbodyarmor.com/
    I use in my body shell anything similar to this, called "car door protector", very cheap and works fine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/U-Shape-Str...oAAOSw3T5cJwSf

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post

With your body integral mod, this body shell is almost unbreakable.

Quote Originally Posted by Big androski View Post
    Looks good are those body supports homemade or did you buy them I was already thinking about using bed liner instead of drywall tape and shoe gue be alot easier to and its holding up good ?
    The body support you can buy from home depot or the like. Comes in a 2ft or 3ft piece you then cut down.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk