RC poster

MERV Off Road Tires

Hello, I have a 1/16 erevo vxl, practically stock (except for a Savox metal geared servo), and I wanted to get some new tires for this winter, as I have noticed that the stock talon tires don't handle too well in the snow, or even off road. I was looking for some slightly larger tires, too, as I hoped to increase the ground clearance as well. What tires should I get? I'm open to any suggestions, thanks.

PS: Would I need to change any gearing or anything of that sort to keep the electronics from over-heating from the larger tires?(I'm currently running on one Nimh battery, the one that came in the box.)

I don't have a mini e-revo, but here are some tires I found that could help.
    https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...es-mounted.asp
    https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...es-mounted.asp
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

I have the Proline Trenchers on mine. They work much better than the stock tires. Check your temps to see if you need to regear. I run 3s voltage on my 1/16 Erevo vxl and I lowered the gearing.

Like grizzly stated. 2.2 Trenchers are a good choice. I run Trenchers with a 25t with 2s Lipo, and a 23t with 3s Lipo, with a passive heatsink. It's still going to struggle in snow if it's deeper than 2 or 3 inches. I have a set of 4.36" Big Joe II's that I run in the snow with a 20t. They give it an extra 2+” of clearance. I think proline stopped making those, but the Summit tires are comparable in size.
    I doubt you'll have to worry about the temps if you're only using an NiMh battery.

RC poster
    Thank you for the detailed response, it helps a lot. I will be looking into those Proline Trencher tires you mentioned, they seem to be exactly what I was looking for. From what you said, would it be a good idea to invest in LiPo batteries? How much better performance do they offer? And if so, would it be better to get 2s or 3s? Thanks.