RC Competitor

How do I chose a charger?

Gonna be charging 3 and 4s. I prefer to use spectrum because it's so easy to use. Plug in and one button
    I'm just not sure about power supplies, dual charging, etc. Any help would rock!

RC Champion
    It doesn't get any easier than this. Charge any 4S lipo and below with ease.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...2fdeb3ee8205d7

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    It doesn't get any easier than this. Charge any 4S lipo and below with ease.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...2fdeb3ee8205d7

That should do 2x4s 6500mah and down at 1C or better. Takes 6.5A/96.2w for a 4S 6500mah pack.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Competitor
    Awesome! That's what I'll get then.... ya'll rock

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiganmisfit7 View Post
    Awesome! That's what I'll get then.... ya'll rock
    Let us know how it works out for you.

RC Qualifier
    I like mine, it charges fast too.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I definitely will. Love this forum. Ya'll are so helpful. I'm part of a few groups on Facebook and everyone is a smartaleck you can't ask a legitimate question without done ahole chiming in. So I appreciate you guys!
    Thanks, but please watch the language.
    Have fun! -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-26-2020 at 09:29 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiganmisfit7 View Post
    I definitely will. Love this forum. Ya'll are so helpful. I'm part of a few groups on Facebook and everyone is a smartaleck you can't ask a legitimate question without done ahole chiming in. So I appreciate you guys!
    I love this forum as well. I've learned a lot in the almost eight years I've been in the hobby. I belong to a few Facebook groups for RC and big bike BMX Cruisers but don't go on them anymore for the same reason. You can't ask a legitimate question and get an actual answer without 12 jacks giving you some sarcastic sresponse. They forget that they were new to the Hobby at one point and had the same questions

Thanks, please watch the language.
    Have fun! -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-26-2020 at 09:33 AM.

As for your chargers, as you grow and your aspirations grow, as will your charging needs down the line.

I found that it's cheaper to just go with DC chargers. Once you have a decent power supply or two built, you can add a few chargers to each PSU as needed. DC chargers are relatively cheap compared to the AC/DC chargers and tend to be more capable.

I currently have a 24V 73A PSU I built out of a couple $24 server PSU's I got off ebay powering 2 revolectrix GT500 chargers. They are capable of 20A/500W output. I typically run them at 15A and charge pairs of 5000mah packs in parallel on them. Since I run at 15A, I could likely run 3 or 4 of those chargers off it and still be safe, since it's 24V, the chargers don't use as many amps. If I need more, it's $50 and a bit of time to make another 24V psu.

I still use my dynamite 4x100W/4x10A charger, but I only charge one pack on each port with it. I set it to 10A, but since it's only 100W, with 3S packs it hits the wattage limit around 7.5A, which is still a bit over 1C charge rate. If I ever wanted to charge 6S packs, it wouldn't do so as fast. A 6S 5000mah pack takes 111W to charge at 1C, so I wouldn't be able to even charge at 1C on that charger.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss