Minor balloning question

Greetings everyone. Hope everyone's well

Wrapped my tires with 500lb kevlar went through the thread then glued down 2 lines of kevlar on tire Picture 1. The middle still balloons just a little bit. Was thinking of wrapping tire in the middle as shown in picture 2 but how would running it as it as with right now with minor balloning in middle affect the way the tires perform? Would it be horribly bad, any of you guys done it this way?
    I just feel weird about wrapping it as shown in the 2nd picture as the picture shows it curves and it just hanging loosely but kind of pressed down on the base of the tire, gripping around the thread (circled red) the other spots it actually goes through the tire thread (circled blue).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

VROOOMMMM

I don't know what your trying to do threading the kevlar inside the threads of the tire... seems like it's a pita

And your not going to get the string tight.

I just put the sting on The outside of the tire. Bland make a square knot. Cut ends then ca glue the knot good. I do not let any glue hit the tire. I'll slide some paper under the knot to catch any excess glue.

Other option instead of a knot is to twist the ends together pull tight then glue. Kind of like I did with usb cable in pic

I have my string as tight as I could get it without it pushing in on the tire.

There is still some ballooning but not as much as if no string.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I glue mine to the tire every inch or so, the if the cord gets cut, it still holds on somewhat to help avoid a blowout until I get home and remove it. The first time I did it, I glued the entire thing to the tire... that was really annoying to remove. But just a dot of glue every inch or so is easy enough to soften with acetone by soaking the cord and letting it sit a bit a few times.

If it doesn't balloon too bad, I wouldn't bother running a cord down the center.

Instead of drilling holes in the tread blocks on the outer strands, I would have just let them follow the tread. Even when crooked, if you glue the string every other lug or so to the tire, it does a decent job just the same.

I use 500lb cored kevlar cord, wrapped once and with a long single knot that I glue completely to itself like @Acidic01 mentioned with the USB cable:
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 11-24-2020 at 04:59 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

@ Acidic
    Thanks for the advice! My first time doing it so I just went with whatever makes sense based on YouTube videos I watched, and stuff I read. Reason why I did it this way is because on the video that I saw this method on, I saw a comment on the video that says it would probably be better to do it this way as the string has a better chance of staying on there. So I agreed with it.

I see the way you did it it seems alot easier by far as I had to poke a hole through the thread blocks with a needle, and feed the line through.

No Offense, As for you saying I'm not going to get the string tight. I fully understand that statement. Makes sense because it is not making actual contact with the tire, and would still prevent balloning to a extent but with the way you did yours, I would probably have better success with your method than the way I did it. However I have like no balloning except in the middle probably because I poked the thread blocks as close as I could get to the tire.

Also the square knot is a really good idea definitely gonna try that when I wrap the middle.I just gotta see how I am gonna wrap the middle or maybe just run 2 lines as shown in red in picture? Might prevent the middle from balloning.

VROOOMMMM

I think the two lines are fine...

On my erevo I got 2 wrapped as that's what made sense for the badlands.

On xmaxx I just did one. As that's what worked for the stock tires.

Both seem to work just fine for my uses.

Your not going to make it have zero ballooning. But it reduces it enough that you don't have to worry about a tire ripping apart and that's the goal..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

@ Olds
    Thanks for the advice! I guess really the glue is just a personal preference I might do the glue every inch for future tires as I see this could become a potential annoyance as I glued the whole thing.

VROOOMMMM

Makes sense. Going to run it and see. I'm overall very happy with the results I got, but see how I feel. Kinda limited with the way these Trenchers are with the thread block pattern so may just leave it as it the middle just balloons a little bit. Goal accomplished, looks like it , May just learn to live with the minor ballooning, Feel its not that big of a deal as I did what I could with what I had.

VROOOMMMM

My 3.8 trenchers (not the X's) vs talon ext's, both wrapped:

I never ran the normal talons on a 6S truck. I just keep those as spares to run on my 2 remaining nitro's.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss