RC Enthusiast

Integy Dual Fan Heatsink for Titan 12T motor worth it?

Will be running 2s Lipo exclusively and don’t have plans to upgrade to brushless anytime soon. Would the heatsink help the motor last longer? It’s a Rustler XL-5.

Temps are nice now but during the summer (which is about 6 months here in Louisiana) temps of 95-103 are common.

I was thinking of getting the dual fan heatsink and a small 4.8v rechargeable battery to power it.

Debating that as one upgrade or aluminum caster and steering blocks & shock caps. All bushings have been replaced with bearings, and I have aluminum axle carriers as well as a rpm wide bumper.

On a titan motor I don't think you will get to high of temps to need a fan. Perhaps a heat sink. As a 2s lipo won't push it that hard... Imho

I've seen where people go to a metal diff housing which then acts as a heat sink and also stiffens up the diff housing.

I've had a bearings go bad inside diff housing on spur gear and melt the stock diff housing. I had never services the bearings in years and had just upgraded motor... I picked up a used flm diff housing but yet to install it but I also run a 4600kv sensored brushless castle motor. Running on 3s.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Gotcha. Yah just saw a few comments and videos saying running 2s over Nimh will make the brushed motors hotter, not to mention I have (2) 5000mah lipos going from the provided 3000mah Nimh so I expect there would have to be some cool down at times. Guess I’ll go for the aluminum steering components first