RC poster

LVC kicking in early?

The last few runs with my 8S Xmaxx, the LVC seems to be kicking in early. After a few minutes of run time, the throttle dials down to about 50%, and the red voltage steady read light comes on ( stage one LVC). Both packs are still around 15.3 and 15.6V total, and each cell is still around 3.8V. Does that not seem early for the first stage LVC to kick in? The temperature is around 0 Celsius ( 32 F), but that shouldn’t have such an affect on the LVC?

Cold will have impact on the packs overall. Odds are, they are dipping down quite a bit when under load. What packs are you running?
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC poster
    They are Traxxas 4S 6700 mah packs. When I check the voltage immediately after the LVC kids in, the voltage still seem good, about 15.5 V. Hopefully it’s just the cooler temp outside!

Quote Originally Posted by Hs74racer View Post
    They are Traxxas 4S 6700 mah packs. When I check the voltage immediately after the LVC kids in, the voltage still seem good, about 15.5 V. Hopefully it’s just the cooler temp outside!
    By any chance did you notice if the receiver box light was flashing red as well? The reason I ask, is because the motor temperature sensor can go bad and reduce throttle to 50% as well. It is some kind of fail safe so you don't burn up your motor and it took me forever to find out that the firmware requires the sensor to not only be hooked up to the Rx, but it also must be working as well or throttle is reduced to half output.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

RC poster
    I didn’t notice, but will check into that tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    By any chance did you notice if the receiver box light was flashing red as well? The reason I ask, is because the motor temperature sensor can go bad and reduce throttle to 50% as well. It is some kind of fail safe so you don't burn up your motor and it took me forever to find out that the firmware requires the sensor to not only be hooked up to the Rx, but it also must be working as well or throttle is reduced to half output.
    Agree with this possibility.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    It's happened to me when my packs sit around in the cold. Try the packs when they are warm, if it works fine when warm, then you know it's just cold batts.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC poster
    Problem solved, was simply cold batteries from being stored in the garage. Kept them indoors overnight, and all ran perfect today!

Quote Originally Posted by Hs74racer View Post
    Problem solved, was simply cold batteries from being stored in the garage. Kept them indoors overnight, and all ran perfect today!
    That is definitely better than having to replace the sensor!

Keep those batteries at indoor room temperatures unless the garage can be heated to stay about 65F~75F or so.

Enjoy the truck!
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 11-25-2020 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Auto spell error!
    Sent from my autonomous device.