Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    33

    8S XMAXX ESC Issue

    All of a sudden my 8S XMAXX wont turn on. The ESC tries to turn on, all lights come on and then it shuts off. Press button, immediately shuts off. At first it would do it when i hit throttle, now wont stay on at all. Bad ESC ? Batteries are at 60% full.

  2. #2
    RC poster
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, Pa.
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
    All of a sudden my 8S XMAXX wont turn on. The ESC tries to turn on, all lights come on and then it shuts off. Press button, immediately shuts off. At first it would do it when i hit throttle, now wont stay on at all. Bad ESC ? Batteries are at 60% full.

    I would call Traxxas support. Is it under warranty? Maybe a good time to upgrade.
    Fred Boylstein
    79 Goldwing
    VMAX

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Fboylstein View Post
    I would call Traxxas support. Is it under warranty? Maybe a good time to upgrade.
    Agree with this, if the truck is under warranty, of course. If not, please, make a video and post here, maybe us can help you.

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    Agree with this, if the truck is under warranty, of course. If not, please, make a video and post here, maybe us can help you.
    Thanks, I’ll get a video tomorrow and post. Truck is a few years old so out of warranty.

  5. #5
    RC Champion Acidic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    beaverton oregon
    Posts
    1,768
    If ran in water recently,. Or hosed the car off. Check the rx to make sure no water in there. And if so let it dry out. Also make sure the motor temp sensor is plugged in. As truck won't work if it doesn't see the temp sensor

    Still issues call traxxas. They may not be open till Monday...

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    If ran in water recently,. Or hosed the car off. Check the rx to make sure no water in there. And if so let it dry out. Also make sure the motor temp sensor is plugged in. As truck won't work if it doesn't see the temp sensor

    Still issues call traxxas. They may not be open till Monday...

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Never ran in water. Actually it’s been sitting for a month and just decided to run it. Ran for about two minutes and it shut off.

  7. #7
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    33
    Here is a video of issue

    https://youtu.be/VICNIMGVbY4
    Last edited by gapple12; 11-26-2020 at 10:47 AM.

  8. #8
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
    Here is a video of issue

    https://youtu.be/VICNIMGVbY4
    Mate, probably the start button has an issue, take off the ESC unscrew the two screws at the sides, and check your button, maybe it not can stay in ON position for any reason.

  9. #9
    RC Champion Acidic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    beaverton oregon
    Posts
    1,768
    Check the esc button. Also I would open up the rx box and remove the servo wires. And fans. And see if it comes on.



    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    33
    Just tried that, does the same thing. I took it completely out and set it up on the bench. button seems fine. Fan doesn't even try to come on, just flash of lights and nothing.

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,401
    Hobbywing max6 for the fix
    fabricator

  12. #12
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
    Just tried that, does the same thing. I took it completely out and set it up on the bench. button seems fine. Fan doesn't even try to come on, just flash of lights and nothing.
    Sorry to read this, really.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyXMAXX View Post
    Hobbywing max6 for the fix
    Agree with this.

  13. #13
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyXMAXX View Post
    Hobbywing max6 for the fix
    Yup, the time has come !!

  14. #14
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
    Yup, the time has come !!
    I have one and it's an excellent stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •