RC poster

Putting Smaller tires on Erevo2.0

I am going to be swapping out gears on the E-Revo 2.0 to run some speed runs. I was wondering if smaller better traction tires would work? I have some DBoons Infraction tires that are also 17mm hex and they seem to fit without any steering issues. Obviously it would lower the car which is good for speed runs. My only concern is would this be bad for the gears in the diffs? Or any of the gears? I am not looking to get crazy involved I was hoping just to simply swap them out , but I am a noob and was unsure if it would do unforseen damage to the motor and or gears.

You will have to regear it as you drop tire size. I run 1/5th GRPs on my street truck for street racing. If you run stock gears with smaller tires you will be far slower then stock set up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    You will have to regear it as you drop tire size. I run 1/5th GRPs on my street truck for street racing. If you run stock gears with smaller tires you will be far slower then stock set up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    When you say regear you just mean the pinion and spur? I was planning on dropping in the 20/46 combo will that be alright with the smaller tires?

Yeah just spur and pinion, you are correct. I am unsure how big the Hoons are height wise vs the GRPs. You can start 20/46 and see how it handles and responds. Just watch your ESC and motor temps. You may have to play with your spur and pinion gearing to get it where ya want.
    Last edited by RICK DIZZLE; 11-25-2020 at 05:21 PM.

RC poster
    Thanks , appreciate the reply

Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Yeah just spur and pinion, you are correct. I am unsure how big the Hoons are height wise vs the GRPs. You can start 20/46 and see how it handles and responds. Just watch your ESC and motor temps. You may have to play with your spur and pinion gearing to get it where ya want.
    +1 on this. Keep a big eye on temps and adjust up and down according.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk