RC poster

Xmaxx newb. Any tips?

Used to drive rc back in the 90ís as a kid here and there. Fast forward to This past year. Got back into the hobby. Started with a redcat volcano. Haha. Junk. Then a jlb cheetah which is a great rc. But the diffs snap. My other traxxas is the trx4 which is awesome. Anyways I just bought the xmaxx 8s. Waiting on my batteries. Just looking for tips. I heard the esc is crap. I looked up the max 6 and 1650 kv combo for just under 200$. Then motor mount for another 75ish. And the rear hubs should get upgraded with bigger bearings. And the threaded hinge pins. Metal Steering servo. I re enforced the body already. I donít plan on sending it to the moon or anything I am just looking for tips from the more experienced folks out there.

Me personally I got it 3 days ago. All complete with batteries, it is just my time to play with it. I will do everything up to its maximum potential until I break something, then that will be the time for upgrade. Don't fix that is not broken, try it first.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

Not to distract but this topic has been covered multiple times in detail. Check out the search function. Lots of good info already discussed.

Most use a max 5 and 800kv motor. The vxl8s and motor is 1200kv if I remember right...

Rpm rear hubs. Tailgate Body restrictor mod.

Cover tire air holes if run in water or sand..

Then adjust as needed depending on your play stile and terrain.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Got any pictures of this tailgate restrictor mod there bud

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthread.php?p=6564257

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Big androski View Post
    Got any pictures of this tailgate restrictor mod there bud
    Here you go, look at the pictures in Post #8. They show both the front and the back restrictors.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...trengthen-body
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-26-2020 at 08:17 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabricobbler View Post
    Used to drive rc back in the 90’s as a kid here and there. Fast forward to This past year. Got back into the hobby. Started with a redcat volcano. Haha. Junk. Then a jlb cheetah which is a great rc. But the diffs snap. My other traxxas is the trx4 which is awesome. Anyways I just bought the xmaxx 8s. Waiting on my batteries. Just looking for tips. I heard the esc is crap. I looked up the max 6 and 1650 kv combo for just under 200$. Then motor mount for another 75ish. And the rear hubs should get upgraded with bigger bearings. And the threaded hinge pins. Metal Steering servo. I re enforced the body already. I don’t plan on sending it to the moon or anything I am just looking for tips from the more experienced folks out there.
    At this moment, enjoy your monster, it's a beast.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    At this moment, enjoy your monster, it's a beast.
    I drove it today. Wow. It is a monster. It drives so well and predictable. The big size and weight with the traxxas stability really work well. Made my bro drive it (to get him hooked). I think it worked. Everyone needs to own a xmaxx!!

RC Champion
    Agreed
    Everyone should own at least one Xmaxx

Do it well
    fabricator

RC Racer
    My top tip, find time to drive it. I've failed this weekend and now I'm proper mardy.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca 3 View Post
    My top tip, find time to drive it. I've failed this weekend and now I'm proper mardy.
    This is the best tip of all time.

RC Qualifier
    If you fully enforced the body with Shoe Goo and FibaTape you will have to intentionally have to run the truck over with a car to break it. I have bashed my trucks horribly and landed flat upside down and never broken a body. RPM front and rear bumper supports are a must have. Other than that drive it till it breaks something:

Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    If you fully enforced the body with Shoe Goo and FibaTape you will have to intentionally have to run the truck over with a car to break it. I have bashed my trucks horribly and landed flat upside down and never broken a body. RPM front and rear bumper supports are a must have. Other than that drive it till it breaks something:

Excellent