RC Enthusiast

Widemaxx extended driveshafts

So, got the widemaxx kit. Was pleased to see it came with extended versions of the plastic driveshafts - wasn’t expecting that as they’re not in the photos. I presume these should help avoid the breakages. However, it is just the tube with splined interior lumen up to the yoke where it connects to the universal joint. So it seems I need to disassemble the universal joint and replace the short tube with the longer one. Does anyone know how to get the old drive shaft yoke off the universal joint? The pin doesn’t seem to push through easily and I don’t want to force it if that’s not how you disassemble it.

RC Enthusiast
    Literally came across the same exact problem! Got the kit couple days ago, went to put it together and when it came to removing the universal thingy I sat there staring at it like it was a rubix cube lol.

We needs halps, our maxxes have fallen and cant gets up!

RC Enthusiast
    In case anyone looks at this thread, we solved the problem on the other widemaxx thread

The truck should have come with one of the u-joint tools. Should look like this:

First slide the tool on the pin. Then press or bend the plastic, and it should let the pin out. Here is a link to how to install it. To disassemble it, just reverse the instructions:

https://traxxas.com/support/How-Install-u-joints

Edit: nvm, you guys solved it
    Last edited by RCWilly; 11-27-2020 at 08:07 PM. Reason: additional info
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for your help anyway - appreciated. Not sure I got those tools but will check again.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DouglasD View Post
    Thanks for your help anyway - appreciated. Not sure I got those tools but will check again.
    I checked, my Maxx did not come with those tools.

RC Enthusiast
    They finally started shipping wideMAXX kits with a solution for the drive shafts? About time! I bought mine last month and it didn't have any. That said, who know how long ago my LHS got it. I went steel axles anyway though.