Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    Thanks I will post some pics soon. Well another issue happened while testing, I was running on 3s and felt a little better tightening the slipper and throwing the hoons street tires on, then I slapped on the 4s and after about 10mins it looks like I fried my reciever. No lights on Rx and mamba x is still on making that sound when Tx/Rx is not connected so that part is ok. It is the 2nd receiver I fried, first was a traxxas TQ Rx and I didn't think much of it, then now my flysky gt5 Rx.. I am 100% sure my internal BEC is set to 6v, what else could of caused it to fry?

Quote Originally Posted by JS88 View Post
    Thanks I will post some pics soon. Well another issue happened while testing, I was running on 3s and felt a little better tightening the slipper and throwing the hoons street tires on, then I slapped on the 4s and after about 10mins it looks like I fried my reciever. No lights on Rx and mamba x is still on making that sound when Tx/Rx is not connected so that part is ok. It is the 2nd receiver I fried, first was a traxxas TQ Rx and I didn't think much of it, then now my flysky gt5 Rx.. I am 100% sure my internal BEC is set to 6v, what else could of caused it to fry?
    Usually, it's better to resolve one problem before you try to "create" additional problems.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Usually, it's better to resolve one problem before you try to "create" additional problems.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    "Create"?.. I'm not creating, its creating itself, and its an issue that happened as I tried to fix first issue and now I can't fix main issue until I fix Rx issue don't u agree? Anyways, when I get a new Rx I will go back to figuring out main issue. Thank you all for the feedback and advise.

"Create"?.. I'm not creating, its creating itself, and its an issue that happened as I tried to fix first issue and now I can't fix main issue until I fix Rx issue don't u agree? Anyways, when I get a new Rx I will go back to figuring out main issue. Thank you all for the feedback and advise.
    Do you have another Rx you could temporarily use? Even if it's bound to a different Tx, as least you continue troubleshooting. As for my "create" comment, I guess you didn't get my humor.

Last edited by Panther6834; 11-29-2020 at 07:07 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    http://imgur.com/a/yo37dYb

Please let me know if this link is useless or not, using my phone and downloaded both imgur and tapatalk trying to figure it out with given instructions.
    Last edited by JS88; 11-29-2020 at 07:16 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Do you have another Rx you could temporarily use? Even if it's bound to a different Tx, as least you continue troubleshooting. As for my "create" comment, I guess you didn't get my humor.

I do have another Rx but I'm worried I will fry it, maybe il stay off the 4s hopefully that helps.

I do have another Rx but I'm worried I will fry it, maybe il stay off the 4s hopefully that helps.
    I agree on not using 4S until problem is resolved. At the same time, of you liked another Rx, then maybe the ESC is the problem.

Plugging your system with the brushless diffs, 3S and Hoons gets you a theoretical speed of 35.13mph. Brushless diffs gets you to 48.34mph.

https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

I don’t know what is going on with your rig, but I hope you get it sorted out quickly... and cheaply!

Have fun!
    Last edited by Squeegie; 11-29-2020 at 09:47 PM.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

You asked me on my YouTube page. There is no reason why your Truck is so slow. If you were close to me, I would help you find the problem.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    You asked me on my YouTube page. There is no reason why your Truck is so slow. If you were close to me, I would help you find the problem.
    On that note... JS88, where are you located? Maybe someone near you can look at your rig and figure it out.

Good luck!

RC Qualifier
    Are you running extra stuff through your receiver? Fans, lights or anything else that could be drawing more current than it's designed for?

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    Are you running extra stuff through your receiver? Fans, lights or anything else that could be drawing more current than it's designed for?

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
    I am running an Integy dual fan on my motor and an esc fan both plugs directly to my Rx, thats it. ESC bec is set to 6v, my servo currently on is the red 2255 traxxas servo. No lights, should I have my bec set to 7.4?
    Last edited by JS88; 12-02-2020 at 12:28 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    On that note... JS88, where are you located? Maybe someone near you can look at your rig and figure it out.

Good luck!
    Located in Las Vegas. I am installing Tekno driveshafts and slash RPM a arms, pretty much widening the stance to a slash. Then I will do a couple more runs and update u guys, thanks again.

Check all your bearings while you have it apart. Maybe one/some are seized and binding it up.

Keep us posted!

Located in Las Vegas. I am installing Tekno driveshafts and slash RPM a arms, pretty much widening the stance to a slash. Then I will do a couple more runs and update u guys, thanks again.
    Wish I'd known that sooner...I could have dropped by. I've been in Vegas since last Monday, but I departed this afternoon, to head back to the SF Bay Area (currently spending the night in Bakersfield).

Since that's no longer an option, you could take it over to the guys at Friendly Hobbies (I usually go to the one on N. Rancho Dr), and have them look at it. They're usually pretty good about those kinds of things.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Panther6834; 12-02-2020 at 03:07 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Wish I'd known that sooner...I could have dropped by. I've been in Vegas since last Monday, but I departed this afternoon, to head back to the SF Bay Area (currently spending the night in Bakersfield).

Since that's no longer an option, you could take it over to the guys at Friendly Hobbies (I usually go to the one on N. Rancho Dr), and have them look at it. They're usually pretty good about those kinds of things.

Appreciate it. N yes that is my go to LHS, if worse comes to worst then il be bringing it there. I finally have the next 2 days off to mess around with it some more.

RC Enthusiast
    So I ended up putting the castle setup aside and instead went with the Hobbywing Max10sct 3200kv combo. Geared at 18/54 it is already night and day difference. Maybe I had a bad apple with the castle system but I'm happy with the final outcome after the switch. Its alot faster just on 2s and on 3s it's a bit too much. Ran through a 2s 7800mah pack, a 3s 5000mah pack and half of a 3s 4200mah pack on one bash session (loose dirt) with out heat issues and I have a dust cover. It does slip alot on 3s full throttle, probably geared to high for 3s.

RC Qualifier
    Its great you've got it running right. But its a shame its not with your first setup. I'm assuming you still have the caslte set up? Try using the caslte esc with the hobbywing motor, and the caslte motor with the hobbywing esc. Should be able to tell what the issue is.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks and yeah I will try the 2400kv with the max10 esc and compare. Mamba X will go into one of my crawlers and if the castle motor performs well with the max10 then I will keep as back up.

Let me ask you this: have you called Castle Creations? They have amazing customer service! Castle Creations also has a one year free replacement warranty on their products. I highly recommend you contact them directly.

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry it took a while but I finally tested the Castle 2400kv motor with the Hobbywing Max10sct esc and it flies like it should. So I'm left to think that something is wrong with my Mamba X, and trust me I have played with all of its settings running tests and never got the the speeds I am with the Max10 esc. Thank you all for your input and feedback ��.

RC Qualifier
    I would contact Castle is it is still under Warranty. They swapped mine out (it was DOA) with no issues.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

Quote Originally Posted by Scott91370 View Post
    I would contact Castle is it is still under Warranty. They swapped mine out (it was DOA) with no issues.
    I'm in definite agreement. Call Castle asap. Castle has excellent customer/technical support (unlike HW, which has bad, and rude, support people).

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

RC Racer
    how do you guys have catch lines under your text?

Quote Originally Posted by allyeajackvk2 View Post
    how do you guys have catch lines under your text?
    Scroll up to the top of the page, and there should be a line of words (links) under "Model Showroom", "Parts & Accessories", etc. Click on "Forum Actions" (very small words), and there should be "Edit Profile" on the bottom. After you click "Edit Profile", there should be "My Settings" on the left side, and under that is "Edit Signature". Click on that, and you can write it (it takes a few posts for it to show). Also, I'm not sure if there is a number of minimum posts for you to have to be able to have a signature, but it's worth a try.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

No offense to the op but calling Castle Creations should have been the first thing that they did. Castle Creations stands by their products. That is a huge reason I spend my money with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12