RC poster

Maxx 540XL motor and 4S esc upgrade??

My buddy is giving me his brand new Velineon 540XL motor and 4S ESC out of his Maxx.
    I plan on swapping it into my brushed Slash 2wd.
    I know ill need a pinion gear for the new motor with a 5mm shaft, is there anything else I will need to convert over?
    I already have 4S lipo batteries OTW.
    Will this be a good upgrade?
    I was thinking about going with a 22T pinion and stay close to the stock 90 spur gear. Thoughts?
    I want to be fast, like really fast lol.
    Last edited by Pyroproblem; 11-28-2020 at 06:41 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroproblem View Post
    My buddy is giving me his brand new Velineon 540XL motor and 4S ESC out of his Maxx.
    I plan on swapping it into my brushed Slash 2wd.
    I know ill need a pinion gear for the new motor with a 5mm shaft, is there anything else I will need to convert over?
    I already have 4S lipo batteries OTW.
    Will this be a good upgrade?
    I was thinking about going with a 22T pinion and stay close to the stock 90 spur gear. Thoughts?
    I want to be fast, like really fast lol.
    I feel like with a 2wd Slash, you will spend more time....flipping onto your roof...real-fast?
    Lol!
    Being all that weight of drivetrain in the rear ...eh...idk.

Anyone know otherwise?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Trx4newb View Post
    I feel like with a 2wd Slash, you will spend more time....flipping onto your roof...real-fast?
    Lol!
    Being all that weight of drivetrain in the rear ...eh...idk.

Anyone know otherwise?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I am 100% stock atm so I feel the stock tires won't have enough grip to do backflips. I may upgrade down the road, but too much power is a problem I look forward to having lol.
    Stock brushed Slash was fun for about 2 days.
    I have a modification list a mile long haha

Wow, that gonna go almost twice as fast as mine (CC 3800kv motor 16/90 on 2s)!

You might want to get the LCG chassis conversion kit just so it doesn't flip over as easily, and maybe do the shoe goo and drywall tape mod on the body, so it protects the body better. You may need stronger driveshafts or maybe an upgraded slipper clutch.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    Thanks for the tips!
    I assume I will be breaking lots of drivetrain parts lol. I will probably replace them with upgraded parts as I need them.
    Just picked up the motor and ESC today. Hoping it goes as fast or faster than the 60mph Maxx it came out of.
    4S batteries are OTW. ��

RC poster
    Got the Maxx 4S ESC and motor installed today. My 4S batteries arrived today also.
    First impression of this thing is HOLY Cow.
    I still need to make a battery tie down to hold the 4S packs and make some kind of bracket to mount the ESC better, but so far I a very pleased. I'm on 22t pinion and a 86t spur gears right now.
    It seems to have plenty of power both on road and off.
    I didn't get to play with it as much as I'd like due to rain, but so far so good.
    I'm sure I'll have some broken parts by next week lol.

I

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-02-2020 at 02:15 AM.

RC poster
    I definitely am going to need stiffer springs. The increased weight of the new motor and ESC makes the rear end sag too low, even with the extra spacers.
    Maybe I'll see if I can swap on my old RC10 shocks while I'm at it..