RC Enthusiast

Traxxas ford fiesta st rally brushless setup not going as fast on 3s/4s. Need help!

My original post was under slash 4x4. But here's my issue, in my rally, I am running a Mamba x with a sensored 2400kv motor geared at 20/50 32p. Ran with a 3s 5000mah 50c, a 3s 4200mah 120c and a 4s 5200mah 60c and it seems to top out at about 30mph only. I have a castle link and double checked that nothing is reversed and all power is set to max. Also checked that wiring is correct, running on stock rally tires. I've seen post of this exact setup geared at 18/54 pushing 45+ on 3s. Any help would be appreciated.

Traxxas Marshal
    Was the motor new? Have you checked the driveline for binding? Gear mesh too tight? Bearings in rough shape? Quality batteries that aren't tired/old? I'm not super familiar with this setup, but is the gearing perhaps too tall? (Again, not sure on this last one.) Just some random thoughts...
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Enthusiast
    I ended up going with a Hobbywingax 10 sct 3200kv combo.. night and day difference. Even on 2s I feel alot faster.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk