RC poster

Rustler VLX problems

Rustler VLX with full charged batteries, no throttle or steering. Tried resetting the EC and transmitter. Not sure what to try next.

Rebind the Rx to the Tx, then calibrate the throttle.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Rebind the Rx to the Tx, then calibrate the throttle.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    +1 to this. Do it and if still issues let us know what status lights are on rx and esc

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    During the binding process the lights on both just flash. Never getting solid green.

RC poster
    The link is model 6533, the TQ is 6517. Are these even compatible? Looks like I was given a mismatched set? I need a TQi transmitter for the 6533 don't I?
    Last edited by BHWinslow72; 11-30-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Their not compatibly. Here is what works with what:support/Traxxas-TQi-Compatibility-Guide

RC poster
    That's what I was afraid of. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BHWinslow72 View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. Thanks.
    Sorry for the bad news.

If you don't want the TSM function of the 6533 receiver you might be able to get 6519 receiver cheaper than getting a TQi transmitter.

RC poster
    My ebay purchased transmitter finally arrived. Synced them up and off she went The car actually is in good shape and runs well. I'm not sure if the guy who sold it to us was trying to scam us, knowing the transmitter didnt match, or gave us the wrong one. He never responded to my question. But I also scored a nice Venom Duo charger in the purchase. This VXL is pretty fast though! It's a wheelie machine. Of course I'm talking about two newbs driving it though! I think I'm going to pick up some pavement friendly tires next.

Quote Originally Posted by BHWinslow72 View Post
    My ebay purchased transmitter finally arrived. Synced them up and off she went The car actually is in good shape and runs well. I'm not sure if the guy who sold it to us was trying to scam us, knowing the transmitter didnt match, or gave us the wrong one. He never responded to my question. But I also scored a nice Venom Duo charger in the purchase. This VXL is pretty fast though! It's a wheelie machine. Of course I'm talking about two newbs driving it though! I think I'm going to pick up some pavement friendly tires next.
    Glad your able to have fun with it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Me too!