4S stampede 4x4? Sure, why not!

Recently changed my stampede a bit and am now running 4S in it... It's a handful to drive, but tons of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC poster
    Inspiring build you have there! Some of your jumps are bigger than my backyard where my wife and I drive our 4pedes... We may not need 4s, or may need to leave the yard... Is that spot a golf course, or some sort of sacred burial thing?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

4S stampede 4x4? Sure, why not!

I run mine on 4S. 2600kv 11/50 gearing I think. Silly power. Definitely hard to tame. Great video. Thanks for keeping the P4de alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I run mine on 4S. 2600kv 11/50 gearing I think. Silly power. Definitely hard to tame. Great video. Thanks for keeping the P4de alive.

LOL! No, it's a public grass bmx track. Kids are rarely at it because it's hard to pedal through. I found it a couple years ago and have been breaking my trucks there ever since.

Here's a shot when I was at the end of it with my ERBEv2 there last year:

That was from the top of the rim on the bottom of the track where the trees are:

Scroll to post 8 in this thread and you can see what all's in the stampede:
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...x4-vxl-updates
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 11-30-2020 at 09:35 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    LOL! No, it's a public grass bmx track. Kids are rarely at it because it's hard to pedal through. I found it a couple years ago and have been breaking my trucks there ever since.

Here's a shot when I was at the end of it with my ERBEv2 there last year:

That was from the top of the rim on the bottom of the track where the trees are:

Scroll to post 8 in this thread and you can see what all's in the stampede:
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...x4-vxl-updates
    Oh Iíve read it. Youíre the one who convinced me to keep mine.

RC Competitor
    Man....I can't even imagine running my Stampede on 4s. I'm running running the stock gearing, motor, and esc......and on 3s it's more than a handful. I'd say that 80% of the time I can even use more than 1/2 throttle without it wanting to do a backflip. Aside from trying some top speed runs every now and then....I never really use much more than "2s" amounts of throttle. What's the point of running 4s? How can you even use the power?

I've already had to upgrade to steel MIP axles, and a revo slipper clutch just to hold 3s power.....and I'm surprised that my trenchers haven't exploded off of the rims yet.

Seems like overkill times ten!

Quote Originally Posted by imq707s View Post
    Man....I can't even imagine running my Stampede on 4s. I'm running running the stock gearing, motor, and esc......and on 3s it's more than a handful. I'd say that 80% of the time I can even use more than 1/2 throttle without it wanting to do a backflip. Aside from trying some top speed runs every now and then....I never really use much more than "2s" amounts of throttle. What's the point of running 4s? How can you even use the power?

I've already had to upgrade to steel MIP axles, and a revo slipper clutch just to hold 3s power.....and I'm surprised that my trenchers haven't exploded off of the rims yet.

Seems like overkill times ten!
    I run in grass 99% of the time and running 3S on a 1/10th system was causing constant heat issues for the gearing I wanted to run. So running a 1/8th system on 4S gives me the RPM's I want while not running as hot.

With the punch set low, a center diff with 500k in it and a slash chassis to stretch it out a bit, it's pretty easy to drive so far. Still need to do a speed test with it to see where it's at. With the gearing I was running previously with the 1/8th system on 3S, I was at 48mph. It's faster than that now... gets a little sketchy after 3/4 throttle if it's bumpy.

4S definitely gave me a bit more torque, which makes it easier to punch it and clear a bigger jump at the last second with less run up.

RC Qualifier
    What an awesome track