RC poster

Finally pulled the trigger on an xmaxx

Ordered today, should be here Friday. For the time being til I recoup from dropping almost a grand on a toy I'll be running 6s on a pair of tower 3s, In my vxl rustler I get 30-45 mins of time out of them, will it be about the same on the xmaxx or alot shorter?

What's usually the first thing to break on these things? I'm not overly hard on my cars, I don't extreme bash in skate parks or send any of my cars into low earth orbit. In the 12 years I've owned my rustler I've broken a couple pairs of arms and a shock tower.

Just out of curiosity will it even run on 4s? or will it be so under voltage it won't even turn on?

Don't know what size 3s battery you have.

On my 4s 2x 9400mha I get 45min or more of heavy bashing in grass. Sand I tend to get less.

I have put in my 2s 2500mha for my merv to walk the car back to the truck or back from the park. As easy to put into a pocket. So it will work but much slower than on 8s.

Many threads on what upgrades and so on. Search function is useful.

Get rpm oversized rear hub carrier. Probably first thing to go is rear bearing seals. And do the body restrictor mod first thing to keep body from breaking.

Happy bashing once you get your car.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thought I added that, they're 5000mah's

Terrain and drive style will effect of run time. My guess is 20 to 30 mins. With 500mha. I've yet to time my 5000mha 4s batteries run time. As I early run them

RC poster
    Ugh, I keep reading about bad esc's. I hope mine isn't a friday afternoon one.

I think you should be ok, those cases are rare.

Met a guy at a grass bmx track I run at a lot. First time I met anyone running RC's there after 2 years of bashing there. He has an xmaxx. I've yet to see it... kind of hoping I don't... but I know I will at some point.

I DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR AN X-MAXX!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Enthusiast
    I bought a Max6 before I even bought my X and installed before the first run, but like said above I think those cases are extremely rare at this point.

For upgrades :
    -RPM rear hub carriers
    -RPM / Cen hinge pins, then just make sure you WD40 the suspension arms to make em nice n flexible.
    -Can look at the upgraded servo later if the factory one ever breaks but honestly wouldn't worry about much else at this point.

Freebie/cheap mod, where the servo saver spring is attached to bellcrank, can take the factory screw out and replace with a longer one w/ a nut so it can't back out.

RC poster
    Already ordered a set of rpm carriers/bearings and a set of metal servo gears. After my experience with my 1/16 slash, no more plastic gear servos. One run around the showroom at work and the gears was stripped. I may keep it on 6s a while, been watching some videos on them running 6s, looks pretty quick to me.

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Met a guy at a grass bmx track I run at a lot. First time I met anyone running RC's there after 2 years of bashing there. He has an xmaxx. I've yet to see it... kind of hoping I don't... but I know I will at some point.

I DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR AN X-MAXX!!!!
    Turn that I don't xmaxx into a xmaxx yes!

You would have room cuz xmaxx would be only car you would want to play with so no need for all your other cars.

I watch your vids... Wish I had something like that near me. Little but those standard bmx tracks are rc car haters and don't let us on te tracks :-(