Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8

    Guys, where do you put normally your Max 10 ESC on 2WD Slash?

    Hi!
    Brand new here... I've got to build a 2WD Slash... The new local track has banned ALL SCT trucks excepts the 2WD Slash (because of lightweight).

    Wires are too short to put the MAX10 esc at the original place. So, I cut the plastic for making some place and move the radio box on the other side. I put an Arrma radio with a Tactic 300... I can adjust the punch and no more antenna.

    Guess what? I like this Slash... Really. Bit more predictable and smoother than my Senton on 2WD. Hurry to go on local track.


  2. #2
    RC Champion Panther6834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    1,338
    If I'm recalling correctly, the ESC normally it's where you have the Rx, and the Rx is morning where you have the ESC. However, since mine is at home, a few hundred miles from where I am right now, I can't check.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    826
    I have made a shelf the size of the esc or a little bigger and attached it under the two screws on the front of the rear shock tower. Sometimes depending on space limitations I'll also have extra room for the esc switch and the receiver on this same.

    Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    If I'm recalling correctly, the ESC normally it's where you have the Rx, and the Rx is morning where you have the ESC. However, since mine is at home, a few hundred miles from where I am right now, I can't check.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Ok... So, not the best thing to split...?

  5. #5
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    I have made a shelf the size of the esc or a little bigger and attached it under the two screws on the front of the rear shock tower. Sometimes depending on space limitations I'll also have extra room for the esc switch and the receiver on this same.

    Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
    Yes, that was my plan A, to put on the rear tower. But with all the tracks bumps... I am not sure...

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    826
    A lot of my cars/trucks are mounted there. The Losi 22SCT and Pro-Line Pro2 chassis both mount them right above the battery in front of the rear tower. I don't think it would be a problem. I use velcro to secure my esc.

    Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    A lot of my cars/trucks are mounted there. The Losi 22SCT and Pro-Line Pro2 chassis both mount them right above the battery in front of the rear tower. I don't think it would be a problem. I use velcro to secure my esc.

    Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
    Good point.

  8. #8
    Traxxas Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    38,067
    Yeah, that location (above the battery, in front of the shock tower) is incredibly common for R/Cs. For particularly bumpy driving conditions, I've found that 3M's Dual Lock works really well for mounting ESCs while still being removeable. I've used zip ties to secure ESCs in a pinch, as well.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by pl9171 View Post
    Yes, that was my plan A, to put on the rear tower. But with all the tracks bumps... I am not sure...
    In front of the shock Tower is the best. I mounted mine on the raised shelf like on the stock Slash, so that way I have the ability to move the battery forward or backwards for handling purposes. I use foam in front of and behind the battery

    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Yeah, that location (above the battery, in front of the shock tower) is incredibly common for R/Cs. For particularly bumpy driving conditions, I've found that 3M's Dual Lock works really well for mounting ESCs while still being removeable. I've used zip ties to secure ESCs in a pinch, as well.
    Good point. I used a screw + 3m dual lock. for the ESC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •