RC poster

Question Max Stuttering Issue

Hello,

I recently bought a Traxxas Max as my first RC car and I am facing an issue where the car stutters when I pull the throttle and it is extremely slow from standstill. It was like this out of the box. I read the manual thoroughly and cycled through the ESC to make sure that it is on ďsports modeĒ. It does not even try to wheelie even though the battery Iím using is Sunpadow 5500mAh 4S1P 14.8V 65C/130C Lipo Battery.

I also tried a different battery (same brand and specs) but I am still facing the same problem. 2 out of 3 times it would stutter from a standstill, and if it didnít stutter then it is extremely slow at first but picks up speed eventually (Nowhere near what its supposed to be at though).

If anyone can please help me I would greatly appreciate it. Please bare in mind that I am new to the RC world so I have very little information regarding RC cars.

Thank you.

RC Champion
    Call Traxxas support

Blue tooth
    Traxxas link app
    Adjust sensitivity to 0%
    Throttle to 120%
    Recalibrate
    fabricator

Sorry to hear that you are having issues. First check your motor wire connection (the three wires from the motor to the ESC). If that doesn't work, then it's most likely something with the ESC. Many others have had the same problem. Like CrazyXMAXX said, your best bet is to contact Traxxas Customer Support, and they will most likely ship you a new ESC. Here's a thread someone else started (who had the same problem): https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...hlight=stutter

Hopefully, your problem gets resolved soon! Good luck!
    Last edited by RCWilly; 12-02-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    Sorry to hear that you are having issues. First check your motor wire connection (the three wires from the motor to the ESC). If that doesn't work, then it's most likely something with the ESC. Many others have had the same problem. Like CrazyXMAXX said, your best bet is to contact Traxxas Customer Support, and they will most likely ship you a new ESC. Here's a thread someone else started (who had the same problem): https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...hlight=stutter

Hopefully, your problem gets resolved soon! Good luck!
    Oh wow, that sounds exactly like the issue I'm facing! I will contact them and hopefully they can help me.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

RC Racer
    I had the same issue with both of mine. Bought 2 one for my son and one for me. Had to send in both ESCís and motors for replacements. 2 week turnaround. Kinda sucks having 2 new trucks that you canít use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PFongemie View Post
    I had the same issue with both of mine. Bought 2 one for my son and one for me. Had to send in both ESC’s and motors for replacements. 2 week turnaround. Kinda sucks having 2 new trucks that you can’t use.

I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds awful. I certainly did not expect anything of the sort when I bought the Maxx.

I still haven't contacted Traxxas as the hobby shop i got it from told me to bring it in first for a check up by them and I'm currently out of town. I'll get it to them first thing Saturday to get their feedback.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds awful. I certainly did not expect anything of the sort when I bought the Maxx.

I still haven't contacted Traxxas as the hobby shop i got it from told me to bring it in first for a check up by them and I'm currently out of town. I'll get it to them first thing Saturday to get their feedback.
    I do have to say that once everything was sorted out that I love the Maxx. I beat the crap out of it & it comes back for more.

Nothing broke. All I had to do was snap the battery hold down back in place.

Although a parked car at full speed caused $35 in damage.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PFongemie View Post
    I do have to say that once everything was sorted out that I love the Maxx. I beat the crap out of it & it comes back for more.

Nothing broke. All I had to do was snap the battery hold down back in place.

Although a parked car at full speed caused $35 in damage.

Hopefully once mine is sorted I can test that out for myself. Right now though it lacks any power to even attempt any decent airtime. It does seem durable as though.

*Traxxas has a strict language policy. Please keep it clean. Thank you.
    Last edited by Double G; 12-04-2020 at 08:22 AM.

RC poster
    I just got the MAXX 4s with the 4s LiPO battery and have the same stuttering problem. Lack of power, no wheelies, etc. I read in another post that it’s an issue with the ESC. Once they swapped out ESC the problem was gone. I’m hoping this will solve my problem as well. It’s been a frustrating few days trying to figure this out.