Thread: Bandit 6s?

RC poster

Bandit 6s?

Hi can I convert an Traxxas Bandit vxl to an Traxxas Bandit 6s with the normal velineon 6s Kit?

RC Qualifier
    [Typewriter noises] . . . Somewhere in the Eastwest . . .
    I do not believe that the ESC will fit easily. If you want that much power, you should probably go for an aftermarket speed control, and expect to upgrade just about everything else along the way.
    LONG LIVE THE PROFESSOR! Rest in peace, Mr. Peart.

You may be able to. But you probably have to zip tie or 3d porint your own mount. Then either find a 6s battery that fits or use 2x3s and a vecro strap to hold battery in. As vxl6 uses 2 battery so would have to cut n mod cables if a single battery

Would need to redo the diff to something super beefy. Flm? New motor that can take 6s that fits... not sure if there is one...

Probably mips axles to hold the power. And weigh down the front end a bunch.

Gtr shocks and heavy springs for all the extra weight. Stronger servo. ..

Who car would have to get modded to make it run and then probably only speed runs. No idea if would even be bash able

By time you bought all the parts would cost more than just buying a erevo2 or a maxx.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    You may be able to. But you probably have to zip tie or 3d porint your own mount. Then either find a 6s battery that fits or use 2x3s and a vecro strap to hold battery in. As vxl6 uses 2 battery so would have to cut n mod cables if a single battery

Would need to redo the diff to something super beefy. Flm? New motor that can take 6s that fits... not sure if there is one...

Probably mips axles to hold the power. And weigh down the front end a bunch.

Gtr shocks and heavy springs for all the extra weight. Stronger servo. ..

Who car would have to get modded to make it run and then probably only speed runs. No idea if would even be bash able

By time you bought all the parts would cost more than just buying a erevo2 or a maxx.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I vouch for this, as I have a 6S Rustler. The diff or the hardest part. Youíll have to get the FLM super diff, and build it with the XO-1 diff kits. Foam tires have the best high power with The right GTRís being second. Youíll have to have better shocks and axles to accommodate weight and power. My chassis is upgraded to CF and ESC(MMX)is in front of the battery.
    At the end of the day the car is unstoppable and a work or art, itís what got me back into the hobby years ago. Donít know if it was worth it in a 2wd speed car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Someone in here made a custom 6s rustler with a metal chasis.