Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    Hi will still need a motor mount thought right? And what gears would I need to use the max 6 1650kv? I watched that video and that looks like plenty of power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I will be playing with mine to find the sweet spot. Now since I am In Fl and it is hot here I might be a little different than you.

That guy is running a 54T spur and 22 pinion with that setup in the video.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TundraLu; 01-04-2021 at 03:10 PM.

RC Competitor
    It’s winter time here right now lol. We just got 6 inches of snow, gross..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Juanmacine

This Transmitter is Awesome, it is the Spektrum DX6R. I went to buy a Max5 for a really good deal and the guy was selling this thing and let me test drive it, so when he turned it on and let me use it on 6 of his cars I was sold. He has Telemetry on All of his cars and was getting out of the hobby so he gave me a deal I could not refuse.

The customization is insane. So many options to keep you busy with buttons all over.

Last edited by TundraLu; 01-04-2021 at 09:00 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TundraLu View Post
    Juanmacine

This Transmitter is Awesome, it is the Spektrum DX6R. I went to buy a Max5 for a really good deal and the guy was selling this thing and let me test drive it, so when he turned it on and let me use it on 6 of his cars I was sold. He has Telemetry on All of his cars and was getting out of the hobby so he gave me a deal I could not refuse.

The customization is insane. So many options to keep you busy with buttons all over.

Thanks for the explanation mate, wow, this TX is really awesome, happy to read you have it for a reasonable deal.

RC Racer
    JuanMacine

Just ordered a Promodeler servo to compare tho the JX 48KG Brushless, and the Savox 2290SG Waterproof version I have in my hands. I found out Promodeler is down the street from me so it will be here tomorrow.

I finally drove the 1st truck on 6S and Wow it is Awesome. I cannot go back to my Stampede or Slash now..lol
    Last edited by TundraLu; 01-07-2021 at 08:49 PM.

RC Racer
    I just received the he New RPM front carriers and they are alot beefier than stock.

Just waiting for my promodeler order to arrive.

Last edited by TundraLu; 01-08-2021 at 02:43 PM.

RC Champion
    JuanMacine

Just ordered a Promodeler servo to compare tho the JX 48KG Brushless, and the Savox 2290SG Waterproof version I have in my hands. I found out Promodeler is down the street from me so it will be here tomorrow.

I finally drove the 1st truck on 6S and Wow it is Awesome. I cannot go back to my Stampede or Slash now..lol
    I just received the he New RPM front carriers and they are alot beefier than stock.

Just waiting for my promodeler order to arrive.

Excellent my friend.

RC Racer
    JuanMacine

Sounds good. Let me know your thoughts. My Promodeler has been on its way to me for over a month now, so I'm getting impatient! (Flippin' USPS and )

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

*Reminder: this is not the forum for politics. Take it somewhere else.*
    Last edited by Double G; 01-13-2021 at 08:56 AM.

RC Racer
    I just received the Promodeler order. Here are pics of the Savox SW2290SG, Promodeler 630BLHW, and the JX 48kg brushless servo. Also showing pics of the stock servo horn from integy as well as the Promodeler one.

Last edited by TundraLu; 01-09-2021 at 02:47 PM.

RC Racer
    Now you have to chop one of the lugs off of the servo to make it fit, I believe.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJUK View Post
    Now you have to chop one of the lugs off of the servo to make it fit, I believe.

True statement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer

That is super easy for me to do. I didn't want to pay 15.00 for that. Lol. I got an extra horn for that price difference. Heck I actually bought 3 horns as no hobby store has these.

I am trying to give as much info and details as possible as I have looked like crazy for this type of info and no one has it.

Also I am also a military christian guy and was already censored here for mentioning the unbreakable body. I don't know what I did wrong or no one messaged me. I thought this was America where have Freedom of speech but it looks like that is not the case in this forum and I can be deleted if need be as I don't care. Just like most forums these days you have keyboard ****s and just delete your stuff with no reason.

God Bless America.
    Last edited by TundraLu; 01-09-2021 at 03:43 PM.

That is super easy for me to do. I didn't want to pay 15.00 for that. Lol. I got an extra horn for that price difference. Heck I actually bought 3 horns as no hobby store has these.

I am trying to give as much info and details as possible as I have looked like crazy for this type of info and no one has it.

Also I am also a military christian guy and was already censored here .... I don't know what I did wrong or no one messaged me. I thought this was America where have Freedom of speech but it looks like that is not the case in this forum and I can be deleted if need be as I don't care. Just like most forums these days you have keyboard and just delete your stuff with no reason.

God Bless America.
    Yes while we may have the freedom of speech, to say what we want, when/where/how we want, this is a forum that was built and put in place by Traxxas. They are letting all of us use this forum out of curtesy. They aren’t obligated to provide one. And since this is a forum they made for us to use, they have rules about what can and can’t be posted here.

The mods are generally really easy going about fixing your posts if it has mentioned something that is restricted, and they aren’t here to hinder us in enjoying this hobby. They are here to help us when we mess up and say something that’s not appropriate for these forums.

So while I do understand your frustration on having words being censored, it’s to help you continue to be able to use this forum and have a bunch of people here to help you if you’re encountering a problem with one of your Traxxas vehicles.

Just something to think about!

Last edited by Double G; 01-10-2021 at 09:21 AM. Reason: quoted content
    I'm just a noob

RC Racer

Also I am also a military christian guy and was already censored here for mentioning the unbreakable body. I don't know what I did wrong or no one messaged me. I thought this was America where have Freedom of speech but it looks like that is not the case in this forum and I can be deleted if need be as I don't care. Just like most forums these days you have keyboard ****s and just delete your stuff with no reason.

God Bless America.
    Why did you buy 3? I purposely didn't buy any because one came with the GPM servo adaptor that I'm using and looks identical to the Promodeler one, except in blue to match my truck's other metal bits.

RC Racer
    Why did you buy 3? I purposely didn't buy any because one came with the GPM servo adaptor that I'm using and looks identical to the Promodeler one, except in blue to match my truck's other metal bits.

I am building 3 Xmaxx trucks. So I figured get a couple extra due to the shipping charge and could not find these locally. I was going to order the the gpm adapter but it looks like it would take 2 weeks to get. How long did yours take to arrive to you?

RC Racer
    Here are my bodies for my Xmaxx trucks

RC Champion
    I just received the Promodeler order. Here are pics of the Savox SW2290SG, Promodeler 630BLHW, and the JX 48kg brushless servo. Also showing pics of the stock servo horn from integy as well as the Promodeler one.

Excellent post for measures comparison, mate, in the JX, don't need to cut anything, I have the same and fits perfect without any cut.

RC Champion
    Here are my bodies for my Xmaxx trucks

Outstanding.

RC Racer
    Juan I got the Promodeler servo in. It looks well built and has weight to it.

RC Champion
    Juan I got the Promodeler servo in. It looks well built and has weight to it.

This servo is the best of the best.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    This servo is the best of the best.
    Yes I will be sending 3 china made servos back on monday. Definitely will be ordering more of these for sure.

RC Racer
    Did you need to cut the lug off?

I assume a Dremel or similar would do the trick?

Like you, I decided to order without the lug cut off, to save a few bucks.

RC Champion

The Dremel or similar tool do the work.

Also I am also a military christian guy and was already censored here .... I don't know what I did wrong or no one messaged me. I thought this was America where have Freedom of speech but it looks like that is not the case in this forum and I can be deleted if need be as I don't care. Just like most forums these days you have keyboard and just delete your stuff with no reason.

God Bless America.
    Few things. If indeed you are military, then first off, thanks for your service. Much appreciated to fight for our freedoms that we possess here. Truly blessed as a country.

Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? Would think that a self-proclaimed Christian would a better gasp of the tongue especially behind a keyboard where editing of a response could be done before hitting "POST" and letting the words fly.

Now to the complaint. Years ago Traxxas requested that any mention of a particular body is to be removed as it is an unauthorized copy of a copyrighted product. Mods have been doing so with reminders not reference it. Now, if you are/were in the military then I sure hope you know the 1st Amendment of the Constitution and what it says. I've mentioned it in other posts...this Amendment does not give you the freedom to yell out "This is a robbery!" at a bank without consequences, "FIRE" in a packed church when there isn't such an emergency or verbally assaulting you in your own home. As one of our fellow members quoted below said, this forum is owned by Traxxas. You didn't have to prove that you purchased a Traxxas product to join nor did you pay to play. Someone has to be paying for it. Therefore, they have the right to make the rules and when you signed up to be a member here you are agreeing to play by those rules. But as it says in them, if you don't like it, the same freedoms you protect say that you are free to exercise the right to to use those other places as well without consequence from Traxxas. You could even purchase your own space in the internet, build your own forum with your own rules and eventually you'll be doing exactly what I'm doing right now. Over the years many others have done so and I've never cared to follow up to see how they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Yes while we may have the freedom of speech, to say what we want, when/where/how we want, this is a forum that was built and put in place by Traxxas. They are letting all of us use this forum out of curtesy. They aren’t obligated to provide one. And since this is a forum they made for us to use, they have rules about what can and can’t be posted here....
    Last edited by Double G; 01-10-2021 at 09:43 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Few things. If indeed you are military, then first off, thanks for your service. Much appreciated to fight for our freedoms that we possess here. Truly blessed as a country.

Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? Would think that a self-proclaimed Christian would a better gasp of the tongue especially behind a keyboard where editing of a response could be done before hitting "POST" and letting the words fly.

Now to the complaint. Years ago Traxxas requested that any mention of a particular body is to be removed as it is an unauthorized copy of a copyrighted product. Mods have been doing so with reminders not reference it. Now, if you are/were in the military then I sure hope you know the 1st Amendment of the Constitution and what it says. I've mentioned it in other posts...this Amendment does not give you the freedom to yell out "This is a robbery!" at a bank without consequences, "FIRE" in a packed church when there isn't such an emergency or verbally assaulting you in your own home. As one of our fellow members quoted below said, this forum is owned by Traxxas. You didn't have to prove that you purchased a Traxxas product to join nor did you pay to play. Someone has to be paying for it. Therefore, they have the right to make the rules and when you signed up to be a member here you are agreeing to play by those rules. But as it says in them, if you don't like it, the same freedoms you protect say that you are free to exercise the right to to use those other places as well without consequence from Traxxas. You could even purchase your own space in the internet, build your own forum with your own rules and eventually you'll be doing exactly what I'm doing right now. Over the years many others have done so and I've never cared to follow up to see how they are doing.
    Thanks for this reply and I agree with you 100%. I was not aware about the issue of a body being mentioned here was an issue as I seen them all over the place. I understand as well as Traxxas owns the site and they have every right to delete posts. The problem I have and had is someone deleted things I wrote without sending me a courtesy pm on letting me know what I did wrong as I am new here and came here to enjoy and show other members ways to improve this amazing truck. I am not here to argue with anyone because I don't even have to post here as I can research anything I need without posting 1 post on this forum . But thanks for pointing that out.

Yes I am ex-military with an engineering background so working on this truck/cars is very easy for me. I already know how many screws, size, and type to fully take it apart and put it back together in the short time I posted here.

Thanks again for your post and hats off to you for the compliment. God Bless.
    Last edited by TundraLu; 01-11-2021 at 02:59 AM.

RC Racer

Dremel or grinder with a thin blade does the trick. For me the grinder is pretty quick.

RC Racer
    Today I had time to play with the 5 servos on hand. They would not fit without a tiny modification to the front bulkhead. It is so minor and would not affect anything. It is easy to perform with a dremel for anyone. If you don't feel comfortable doing this than you can modify the leg that touches that area.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I would upgrade the diffs to the is version. Not sure if just ring gear, or if it is the whole diff, cup and spider gears and output cups. Perhaps also the diff pinion. Since I need to replace one diff ring might as well make it 8s ready.

Max5 or max6 esc is what most aftermarket ecs ppl use. The 6s motor probably needs replaced if doing 8s. 6s is 1600kv. 8s is 1200kv.

The other upgrade is cush drive vs slipper clutch.

Diff grease can use wheel bearing grease of your wanted flavor. I like marine grease.

You can hose the car off no issue. Just gently so you don't force water into rx housing.

Might be time to service all the bearings,. Clean them and repack with grease. My flavor is Marine grease since I run in wet conditions.

Shock oil stock, with stock springs is 30wt. I run 60wt with 1.5 springs for heavy bashing.

Diff oil wt I really like 500k in mine right now. Wanna say stock is like 30k to 40k.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info early on. You gave me some good info and i never thanked you. From owning this truck for a month now I have learned so much and already put 3 together about 90% of the way.

The 1st one which is the one i originally started the thread has taken a nice transformation it is hard to believe. Thanks for all the input from this forum and research it is an Amazing truck. To tell all you guys the truth the Max6 is the Best ESC for the stock Velineon (1650Kv or 1275Kv)motor except you loose some Telemetry by swapping it out like others have mentioned in the threads I have seen.

While researching servos i seen FLux's thread that had me so intrigued that i read the whole thing. I could not stop reading it as i wanted to know his outcome . It was a good read no doubt because it shows you troubleshooting from others members perspective. I have that skill down myself from my career in military and civilian life .

The 2nd truck is mostly complete as just waiting on the last pieces of the puzzle.

Thanks everyone for all the input so far in this thread. I decided to paint the Duratrax wheels blue just to see how it looked and it came out pretty neat.

I am attaching pictures of the 3rd truck I am building.
    Last edited by TundraLu; 01-13-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Np here to help as I can.

Glad your having fun building your 3 cars.

Hopefully you will get them out and running here soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

To tell all you guys the truth the Max6 is the Best ESC for the stock Velineon (1650Kv or 1275Kv)motor except you loose some Telemetry by swapping it out like others have mentioned in the threads I have seen.
    Nice work on your rigs!

I am in complete agreement with your assessment that the Max6 is suited better to the stock Velineon motors because I started with the Max5 because I knew I would upgrade the motor later. Even though I don't own the Max6, I can tell from using the Max5 with the 1200XL (1275Kv) motor that the Max6 would have been the way to go if I had chose to stay with the stock motor.

There is a 300amp ESC by ZTW and I just don't see the point in throwing that kind of ESC into this rig. It was done by another member and it worked. Running 10 or 12S would be the way to go with that ESC, but the ESC was intended for 35~40+ pound vehicles if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 01-13-2021 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Error in typing.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    Nice work on your rigs!

I am in complete agreement with your assessment that the Max6 is suited better to the stock Velineon motors because I started with the Max5 because I knew I would upgrade the motor later. Even though I don't own the Max6, I can tell from using the Max5 with the 1200XL (1275Kv) motor that the Max6 would have been the way to go if I had chose to stay with the stock motor.

There is a 300amp ESC by ZTW and I just don't see the point in throwing that kind of ESC into this rig. It was done by another member and it worked. Running 10 or 12S would be the way to go with that ESC, but the ESC was intended for 35~40+ pound vehicles if I recall correctly.
    Flux,

Thanks for the compliment. I was just reading your thread on the pinion idea you were working on. Mine keeps comin loose with red Loctite. Does anyone else have this problem? Also notice that the turnbuckle from the servo to the steering turnbuckles is loose and has slop in it. Does anyone know of an aftermarket Heavy Duty one to take care of this?

Flux,

Thanks for the compliment. I was just reading your thread on the pinion idea you were working on. Mine keeps comin loose with red Loctite. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Others do have the problem, just not many admitting it since my submission of the captured pin idea.

This photo shows what is currently working for me:

I take a really thin piece from a feeler gauge set and cut a strip just ever so slightly wider than the flat spot on the motor shaft. After I have my piece from the feeler gauge the right thickness and width, I put it in the pinion hole and tediously work the pinion on.

Caution: It's tricky and involves foul language; but it can be done!

You want the strip you cut to be the length of the pinion hole or the overall thickness of the pinion is another way to say it.

This method beats drilling out the motor shaft and pinions to resize a captured pin. I don't recall the feeler gauge sizes; but they are thinner than notebook paper and no two sizes were the same on all my various pinions and motors I've done this to.

It creates a wedge between the pinion and motor shaft flat spot and you'll know when the feeler gauge piece is too thick because you will never slide the pinion on. So you drop the next size down and try again until you get it to where you feel it wedge locking on the shaft.

Since the feeler gauges are usually a tempered metal, you cut them ever so slightly (and I mean ever so slightly) wider than the motor shaft flat spot; when you put them in the pinion hole and tediously work them on the motor shaft they buckle a little bit to conform to the arc of the pinion and when you tighten the set screw down, it flattens the arced feeler gauge piece down and creates a locked on pinion.

Still use the Loctite® as a safety measure to prevent the set screw from working out, even though the sprung feeler gauge piece is going to prevent that.

Here are some more photos to show how thin we're talking:

Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 01-14-2021 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Updated.

RC Racer
    Man, I think your keyboard has Covid-19...

RC Racer

HAHA. I was thinking the same .

I think it has more than Covid-19 because I actually saw the keys typing themselves one time.

It is one of those stainless mechanical backlit keyboards and it was in the basement for years and the stains will not come off of it.

If I could separate the stainless sheet from the actual keyboard, I'd actually have a good shot at cleaning it right; but I haven't found a way to do it because they hot glued it to the circuit board.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice work on your rigs!

He’s also gone, and never ran that truck for real. It was just for show. Maybe for a giant TP motor it would be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    He’s also gone, and never ran that truck for real. It was just for show. Maybe for a giant TP motor it would be necessary.

I could've sworn that when I read that thread, he said the ZTW never got above 90°F with the TP motor.

I'll have to look and see if I can even find that thread.

O.K. - My mistake.......in post number #450 he states:

" ZTW300A ESC is awesome! Very quiet, no beeping sounds touching the throttle like Max5. I only drove for 10 minutes, hard accelerations, motor and ESC were not even warm"

I re-read the thread and he mentioned he was running in the high 80's and low 90's as far as air temperature outside in post number #282 and I don't think he had the ZTW installed at that point in the thread.

It wasn't until page 11 and 12 of thread that he supposedly started using the ZTW.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ighlight=motor
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 01-14-2021 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Updated.

RC Racer
    I could've sworn that when I read that thread, he said the ZTW never got above 90°F with the TP motor.

I'll have to look and see if I can even find that thread.

O.K. - My mistake.......in post number #450 he states:

" ZTW300A ESC is awesome! Very quiet, no beeping sounds touching the throttle like Max5. I only drove for 10 minutes, hard accelerations, motor and ESC were not even warm"

I re-read the thread and he mentioned he was running in the high 80's and low 90's as far as air temperature outside in post number #282 and I don't think he had the ZTW installed at that point in the thread.

It wasn't until page 11 and 12 of thread that he supposedly started using the ZTW.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ighlight=motor
    I read that whole thread. Thanks Flux for the reference. Where is Vix???

Where is Vix???
    Somewhere in Germany; but as far as posting, his profile indicates that he hasn't posted since December 4th of 2019.

RC Racer

I didn't order the Promodeler servo horn, as I'd already ordered a blue anodised servo adaptor for the X-Maxx that came with a matching blue anodised servo horn.

Is the Promodeler one somehow different to other servo horns for the X-Maxx, or will the one I have likely work?

Looking at all the servos, the output shafts all look identical, so surely it doesn't need a special servo horn?

I asked John at Promodeler who said he "suspects" I'll need his, but when I asked him why he just said "you'll see". Being that I've been waiting a month and a half and the servo still hasn't even left the US, I don't really want to wait - I want to know so I can order one, if needed. But I don't want to fork out for one (and shipping to the UK) if it's not essential.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast