Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51

    How much better is the xmaxx 8s then the 6s??

    Hey guys Iím looking at buying a new xmaxx 8s but my buddy has a nice clean 6s for Sale for cheap and was wondering how much better the 8s is from the 6s? Is it a big job or is it even worth it to try and make the 6s strong like the 8s? Or Should I just buy a 8s ?

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    168
    Just buy a new 8s and save yourself the headache and cost of upgrading a 6s and you get the new rc smell lol

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    938
    With either choice, plan on spending an additional $500~$700 on top of the 8S upgrades if you decide to get the 6S to make it a reliable truck. "Ready to Run" means just that - It will run; (or run away from you, as in my case because the Traxxas servos would quit working without warning) but it won't be reliable until you start adding components that are bash worthy. I bought a brand new 8S in February of this year and didn't have a reliable truck until I put a ProModeler servo, a Hobbywing Max5, better batteries and a dependable set of tires on it.

    I expected all of those components to need an upgrade because "Ready to Run" is not taken seriously enough by any manufacturer today.

    That is just being honest and not to turn you away from making a purchase.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 12-21-2020 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Correction.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Morristown, NJ USA
    Posts
    310
    How much is friend selling for? You must consider purchase price along with upgrade parts. Then compare to new 8s version.

    You’d need to source new:

    Motor
    ESC
    Cushdrive & metal spur gear
    8s Diffs X 2
    8s Output drive cups
    8s CVD
    Tires to handle greater torque.

    Maybe eBay or Jenny RC would be a good place to start looking.

    I’d say if friend is selling for $200, it maybe worth it.

    On top of my sentiments here, Flux is on point. I’m just trying to get you from 6S to 8S I didn’t even consider making it bullet proof.
    Last edited by afreek1000; 12-21-2020 at 06:42 PM.

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by afreek1000 View Post
    On top of my sentiments here, Flux is on point. I’m just trying to get you from 6S to 8S I didn’t even consider making it bullet proof.
    Well, in all honesty, my truck is nowhere near bullet-proof because I have not even upgraded the "A" arms, steering linkages or body. I was very careful to imply reliable; not bullet-proof.

    I agree very much with your assessment of how to get to 8S depending on the 6S purchase price; however, I'm at almost an extra $800 dollars into the truck and I haven't even upgraded the motor, "A" arms or body, yet alone even considered the new motor mount and MOD 1.5 gears.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 12-21-2020 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Fixed a spelling issue.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  6. #6
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51
    Ok Maybe I’ll go look at other trucks. Thanks
    I also like the kraton 8s and outcast 8s

    You would think that for 900 u could sit on it and drive it lol
    Last edited by Chevy1991; 12-21-2020 at 07:32 PM.

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    Ok Maybe I’ll go look at other trucks. Thanks
    I also like the kraton 8s and outcast 8s

    You would think that for 900 u could sit on it and drive it lol
    Like I mentioned, please don't let the fact that you have to put a little extra TLC into these trucks to get them up to a reliable standard be the sole deciding factor. That is where my truck is now. You have three tiers when it comes to any RC purchase. The first tier is all stock. The second tier is the reliable tier which includes just upgrading the electronics and batteries and possibly the motor. Lastly, the third tier is making it what is referred to as bullet-proof (slang RC term used loosely to imply stronger than stock) where all your suspension and chassis components are upgraded as well as your drive train, body and tires.

    There is actually a fourth tier and that is what we call "Shelf Queen" and the vehicle never has any intention of seeing the road or dirt at all and could cost triple (or more) what you paid for the stock vehicle.

    Even with the ARRMA vehicles, the tier level still applies; only, ARRMA is more frequent with upgrading their models so you may get away with spending slightly less cash on one of the tier upgrades.

    I almost got rid of my X-Maxx before it hit the reliable tier and now I would not consider parting with it, and I am looking forward to going to the third tier I mentioned soon.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 12-21-2020 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Updated.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  8. #8
    RC Champion Acidic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    beaverton oregon
    Posts
    1,971
    Any vehicle will need upgrades to get it to how the user drives it. Some things are a bit more expected over other to make reliable and or bullet proof.

    I found my 8s xmaxx used at half of retail. It was almost new. I see deals pop up all the time.
    Servo, batteries, rear hub carriers (1.5 springs for big air n hr diff covers). Better body. And then replacement parts I broke as any car would trying to luanch it to the moon. Tires still good for me since I wrapped them as I got it.


    I would look at price of parts to get it to 8s and the cost of what your friend is selling it for. If less than a new 8s might as well do the wrench time.

    N see what upgrades you want to do even if have a 8s and and if they match up with upgrades from a 6s... Keep that in mind as well.... Like tires....

    If I had 3s batteries I could run in a 6s xmaxx I total would get one on the cheap and then upgrades as I broke things.



    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Any vehicle will need upgrades to get it to how the user drives it.
    It is funny you mentioned that, because I couldn't even drive mine (not bash or jump to the moon) until I upgraded the electronics.

    I agree that a majority of the upgrades process depends solely on how it is to be driven; but the simple matter of the fact is, I couldn't even take mine out for a casual spin for two months to show off the body without it running away from me randomly because of serious electronic flaws.

    You remember that seriously long thread I had where you were one of the first to respond when I was trying to figure out if I had an ESC issue or steering servo issue or both. Matter of fact, you were the first one to respond:

    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...SC-Calibration

    In other words, I had to go to the second tier I mentioned in post #7 right out of the box! That is why I almost decided to sell it right away; but all that changed when I wasn't worried that the truck was just going to lose steering without warning or have a glitchy ESC.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 12-21-2020 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Updated.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  10. #10
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51
    Well once I added all the parts up I realized it wasnít worth it. My buddy is asking 500 for his 6s so that would end up being way more then thI cost of a new one would be, so I think Iím going to get a new one. Just toying around with the idea of a nice expensive rc but it could be just a dream lol. Itís hard to decide what I want. I have 3 in mind.

    Xmaxx 8s
    Kraton 8s
    Outcast 8s

    And then theyíre the kraton exb roller if I really want to make a build out of it.

    But the xmaxx has always been at the top of the list

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    But the xmaxx has always been at the top of the list
    As it rightly should be!

    The truck is really incredible once you get the electronics under control and start adding improvements little by little. If Traxxas sold the truck with all the upgrades I have in it now, I would buy it at a price point of $1700, if and only if it had the upgrades I listed earlier in tier two of post #7.

    I just don't understand why Traxxas doesn't think people would buy a upgraded $1700 dollar truck when people have already shown that they are willing to buy the stock truck and batteries at $1200.

    What's five hundred dollars more in the scheme of things considering how ridiculously priced they are now?

    Here is what mine came to buying it all new with the upgraded servo that never worked right:

    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 12-21-2020 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Fixed.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  12. #12
    RC Champion Acidic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    beaverton oregon
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    It is funny you mentioned that, because I couldn't even drive mine (not bash or jump to the moon) until I upgraded the electronics.

    I agree that a majority of the upgrades process depends solely on how it is to be driven; but the simple matter of the fact is, I couldn't even take mine out for a casual spin for two months to show off the body without it running away from me randomly because of serious electronic flaws.

    You remember that seriously long thread I had where you were one of the first to respond when I was trying to figure out if I had an ESC issue or steering servo issue or both. Matter of fact, you were the first one to respond:

    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...SC-Calibration

    In other words, I had to go to the second tier I mentioned in post #7 right out of the box! That is why I almost decided to sell it right away; but all that changed when I wasn't worried that the truck was just going to lose steering without warning or have a glitchy ESC.
    Flux I remember. I think you were more of one of the "lucky ones" to have your issues. I understand the frustration the issues it caused. Glad you have been able to enjoy your xmaxx now and lovin' it.

    I don't expect any vehicle to last with how much abuse I give my cars. How, and where you drive it really impacts the needed upgrades on any car. Any one looking to get into a another car needs to keep this in mind,. And put the upgrade costs in consideration as well..


    I got 4x the cost in upgrades parts than my brushed rusty cost and it's not even reliable yet.... and know I'm 1.5x over the my cost of my used xmaxx in parts upgrades.

    Know if traxxas made a bullet proof car and made it 2k or 2.5k usd there will be those that will buy it. But that doesn't make marketing sense... It's to get those into the hobby at a entry price. Those of us in the hobby long enough just know that upgrades are par for the course.

    I'm looking at adding a truggy or buggy to my collection for track use, and know that I'm looking at 2k. Between kit, motor esc rx tx batteries, tires. And then not even counting upgrades it may need.... Then building the thing as won't be RTR. I've yet figure out what to get.



    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Flux I remember. I think you were more of one of the "lucky ones" to have your issues. I understand the frustration the issues it caused. Glad you have been able to enjoy your xmaxx now and lovin' it.

    I don't expect any vehicle to last with how much abuse I give my cars. How, and where you drive it really impacts the needed upgrades on any car. Any one looking to get into a another car needs to keep this in mind,. And put the upgrade costs in consideration as well..


    I got 4x the cost in upgrades parts than my brushed rusty cost and it's not even reliable yet.... and know I'm 1.5x over the my cost of my used xmaxx in parts upgrades.

    Know if traxxas made a bullet proof car and made it 2k or 2.5k usd there will be those that will buy it. But that doesn't make marketing sense... It's to get those into the hobby at a entry price. Those of us in the hobby long enough just know that upgrades are par for the course.

    I'm looking at adding a truggy or buggy to my collection for track use, and know that I'm looking at 2k. Between kit, motor esc rx tx batteries, tires. And then not even counting upgrades it may need.... Then building the thing as won't be RTR. I've yet figure out what to get.



    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I've acquired a keen taste for Raman noodles since getting into this hobby! No more eating at Arby's for a while.

    When I look back at how much I have spent on my RC helicopters, I really start crying because I realize that I could've had eight X-Maxx's like gunbar223!

    Every time I crash one of those birds, it is an automatic $500 repair bill.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 12-21-2020 at 10:06 PM.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  14. #14
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51
    Well after doing long extensive research for weeks I’ve come to the decision of getting the xmaxx.. I have always jumped around from arrma to Traxxas videos but this thread has helped me decide. do you have links or suggestions for some of the most needed upgrades? I think I will just run it till something breaks then upgrade but in the meantime I could make a list of needed upgrades, and when it does break I can be ready

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    Well after doing long extensive research for weeks I’ve come to the decision of getting the xmaxx.. I have always jumped around from arrma to Traxxas videos but this thread has helped me decide. do you have links or suggestions for some of the most needed upgrades? I think I will just run it till something breaks then upgrade but in the meantime I could make a list of needed upgrades, and when it does break I can be ready
    To start, you absolutely will love these steering servo upgrades:

    https://www.promodeler.com/DS630BLHV

    https://www.promodeler.com/DS930BLHV

    You will have to ask for the "Beam Mod" or do it yourself and buy Traxxas part #7749. Also, don't forget to order the servo horn that goes with the ProModeler servo while you're on the site.

    After you are able to steer your truck more reliably, you may want to look into a Hobbywing Max6 or Max5 depending if you intend on upgrading the motor. The Max6 is a direct fit ESC and the Max5 takes some chassis modding to make it fit right.

    Or you could go big and get a Castle system. I think the majority of members here agree that Castle ESC's are more advanced; but the Hobbywings are a nice drop and play ESC with minimal setup required.

    Check out Gripdog's thread HERE for some more ideas!
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 12-21-2020 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  16. #16
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51
    Thank you flux! I will look into this further. Now itís to decide what color xmaxx I want. Iíve had an xmaxx before but very brief. My cousin got one brand new when the 8s first came out and I ended up with it but times got hard and I wasnít really using it so I sold it before I could really enjoy it. This one Iím buying is going NOWHERE!! I plan to keep it and make it what I had planned to do with my last one.

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    Thank you flux! I will look into this further. Now it’s to decide what color xmaxx I want. I’ve had an xmaxx before but very brief. My cousin got one brand new when the 8s first came out and I ended up with it but times got hard and I wasn’t really using it so I sold it before I could really enjoy it. This one I’m buying is going NOWHERE!! I plan to keep it and make it what I had planned to do with my last one.
    Just keep looking over the forum and you will see so many suggestions on what you can upgrade that your head will spin around more times than in the Exorcist when she got possessed.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  18. #18
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    Just keep looking over the forum and you will see so many suggestions on what you can upgrade that your head will spin around more times than in the Exorcist when she got possessed.
    Lol I know it gets overwhelming at times. Now if I could learn how to post pics on here, every time i try to it tells me something went wrong I think my pics are too big


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    Now if I could learn how to post pics on here, every time i try to it tells me something went wrong I think my pics are too big


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This link HERE is a tutorial on how to post pictures.

    I think the last update to it was 2017; but I'm pretty sure it is all relevant.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  20. #20
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    43
    If you want to upgrade the XMAXX because that’s your thing, go for it. There are a tremendous amount of people that bash the crap out of their XMAXX on stock everything and still run strong. My recommendation is that once you buy it, drive the crap out of it and only upgrade when something breaks. That being said, I’ve beat the living crap out of my stock XMAXX and here are the simple things I recommend:

    Front and rear RPM hubs
    Get extra fans for the motor (35mmX35mmX10mm)
    Toughen the rear of the body

    So many people get caught up on mods, that they spend more time working on it than driving it. And if the argument holds that you want to make it tougher from the get go, then you won’t be losing anything by running it stock before upgrading.

  21. #21
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    2,041
    The 8S X-Maxx is an upgraded version of 6S, better diffs, reinforced driveline, the cushdrive instead a slipper clutch, 33.6 volts capable ESC, better tires for 8S power. With a few atfermarket parts, it will be a really beast.

  22. #22
    RC Champion Acidic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    beaverton oregon
    Posts
    1,971
    Google this.
    Site:traxxas.Fourms.com xmaxx upgrades
    Will give u lots of threads on upgrades.

    Metal servo gears 2087x to replace gears that will break. Or promodler servo, Horn, beam mod and adapter 2s lipo for servo. And never worry about servo ever. But ~2x cost over 2085x 4-5x over just 2087x gears.

    Rpm oversized rear hub carriers, and bearing grease ( I like marine grease) I've yet to have issue with fronts hubs but rpm has oversized front hubs now. The inner hub bearings front and rear are to small for the load force exerted on them while big air bashing.

    Smc 120c 4s battery's

    500lb kevlar string wrap tires and cover rim vent holes with duct tape or shoegoo or badland belted, or other belted tires

    Traxxas hd a arms if start breaking a arms

    1.5 rate rear 1.4 front springs if big air with 60wt oil. (1oz per shock)

    I like 500k diff oil.

    Aftermarket Body pm me to discuss...

    Stock body regular guys body mod. Must be done on a new body

    Extra set of a arm and shock pins for when a a arm breaks and you need a pin.

    Xmaxx is pretty solid for most part. Still immovable objects at 50mph = damage at some point....

    Link app if don't have it is helpful to keep eye on temps or ir gun.

    Trx phone mount for capturing the carnage.




    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    RC Champion Acidic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    beaverton oregon
    Posts
    1,971
    Oh ya tapatalk app for posting pics n stuff.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    Well once I added all the parts up I realized it wasn’t worth it. My buddy is asking 500 for his 6s so that would end up being way more then thI cost of a new one would be, so I think I’m going to get a new one. Just toying around with the idea of a nice expensive rc but it could be just a dream lol. It’s hard to decide what I want. I have 3 in mind.

    Xmaxx 8s
    Kraton 8s
    Outcast 8s

    And then they’re the kraton exb roller if I really want to make a build out of it.

    But the xmaxx has always been at the top of the list
    Don't get spooked, Chevy. I have a 6s Xmaxx, but I didn't have to put 800 bucks into it to make it fun and reliable. If you want a 6s Xmaxx to be full fledged 8s truck, yes, it will cost you more than just getting a new 8s Xmaxx. But, if you want to keep your Xmaxx as a 6s truck, and make that 6s truck more reliable, then it will only cost you about 300 bucks.

    For me to vastly improve my 6s Xmaxx performance, and to also make my it more reliable, all I had to do was change my motor, ESC, and re-gear it. I changed my stock ESC, motor, and gearing from a Traxxas 120 amp ESC and 1600kv motor to a Leopard 1340kv motor, a 160 amp Castle XLX ESC (or equivalent), and re-geared to 54/29.

    Your friend is asking to much for his 6s Xmaxx for it to be worth you upgrading it to a full fledged 8s, or even a reliable 6s. If his 6s Xmaxx is in perfect shape, he came down, to at the very least a 100 bucks, then it might be worth you getting it. I personally, would want him to be in the 300 to 300-ish dollar range, though.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 12-22-2020 at 06:11 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

  25. #25
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    Hey guys I’m looking at buying a new xmaxx 8s but my buddy has a nice clean 6s for Sale for cheap and was wondering how much better the 8s is from the 6s? Is it a big job or is it even worth it to try and make the 6s strong like the 8s? Or Should I just buy a 8s ?
    Buy it new. You will not regret it. It's a very reliable RC as long as you drive it within reason. Some people have to upgrade any RTR because of the way they drive. I have had it for over 4 months now and no issues what so ever. A very fun RC to run. It gets alot of attention!

  26. #26
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51
    So, I was able to get the xmaxx 6s from my buddy. I didnít pay his asking price I actually think I got a better deal... I will be going through it and replacing whatís needed. I will probably still put the 8s system in it but wonít be running 8s all the time so it will probably be ok. Eventually maybe I will build it up to an 8s spec. But for now I will rock it as a 6s and enjoy it... I traded it for a old 1980s snowmobile I had on a trailer in the back of my house. Heís a sled head and Iím an rc junky haha. So it worked out pretty good.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    RC Champion Acidic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    beaverton oregon
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    So, I was able to get the xmaxx 6s from my buddy. I didnít pay his asking price I actually think I got a better deal... I will be going through it and replacing whatís needed. I will probably still put the 8s system in it but wonít be running 8s all the time so it will probably be ok. Eventually maybe I will build it up to an 8s spec. But for now I will rock it as a 6s and enjoy it... I traded it for a old 1980s snowmobile I had on a trailer in the back of my house. Heís a sled head and Iím an rc junky haha. So it worked out pretty good.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Have fun with it and upgrade as ya need



    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    So, I was able to get the xmaxx 6s from my buddy. I didn’t pay his asking price I actually think I got a better deal... I will be going through it and replacing what’s needed. I will probably still put the 8s system in it but won’t be running 8s all the time so it will probably be ok. Eventually maybe I will build it up to an 8s spec. But for now I will rock it as a 6s and enjoy it... I traded it for a old 1980s snowmobile I had on a trailer in the back of my house. He’s a sled head and I’m an rc junky haha. So it worked out pretty good.
    Super cool! Sounds like a good deal for both of you. Keep in mind, though, what I wrote in Post #24. If you do it right, setting up your Xmaxx for 6s works really good, and it's a whole lot cheaper to run than 8s.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

  29. #29
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51
    Well you see, I ended up buying a good 8s system on eBay a while back and itís just been sitting on my shelf so I plan to put the 8s system in it but not run 8s on it all the time. Maybe once in a while till I eventually build it up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #30
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,834
    Got'cha...Yeah, if you already got yourself a good 8s system it would be sacrilegious to RC not to use it.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

  31. #31
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51
    I was hoping to be able to use the motor and esc on something else but at the time I didnít know you canít use the xmaxx motor in any other applications. So itís just been sitting on my shelf for a year and it gave me a reason to get the 6s Xmaxx my buddy was originally asking 500 for the truck and itís in great shape, but he saw I had a old fixer upper sled I wasnt using so we made a deal. Worked out for me haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51




    Pics of the truck


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    18
    I will give you my experience with my X-MAXX. I bought the 6S X-MAXX when it came out after the fuse link was installed from the factory. I can honestly tell you that I had a blast with it. I have never had any issues with my X-MAXX up til this day I had not had any issues with my X-MAXX. Now with that said I not a basher that will send it 30ft in the air and believe that nothings suppose to break. I'm more of a basher but not to the extreme that I want to break it. We all know that all RC's will break that the business in RC. You can't expect your RC not break or fail because then where's the business to keep these companies making more RC's. Sometimes the engineering that goes into some of these RC's have failed and that it when as RC enthusiast gets a sour taste in their mouth. In any event I decided to replace my 6S ESC on my X-MAXX for an 8S ESC from Traxxas this is after couple of years gone by. The only reason I did it was to experience the power of an 8S X-MAXX. I did not change anything else nor did I buy the Power Up Kit. I have run my 8S X-MAXX and it flies it's awesome and I ran it against an original 8S X-MAXX and you could not tell the difference. I have not broken anything as of yet but if I do I will replace what breaks. My friend with his 8S X-MAXX has had to replace minors parts but again it just depends how much you abuse your X-MAXX. There's a saying that goes "if you didn't break you didn't have fun with it". I would have to disagree I enjoy running and jumping my X-MAXX and its held up til this date and knowing that it's ready for the next bash is a great feeling. I follow a guy on YOUTUBE and he's a basher but I can honestly say that he spends more time wrenching than running his RC's. Wrenching is part of the fun but when you spend more time wrenching than running than I would think you would have to stop and reevaluate your strategy. I thought I would share my experiences.

  34. #34
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by noeymad View Post
    I will give you my experience with my X-MAXX. I bought the 6S X-MAXX when it came out after the fuse link was installed from the factory. I can honestly tell you that I had a blast with it. I have never had any issues with my X-MAXX up til this day I had not had any issues with my X-MAXX. Now with that said I not a basher that will send it 30ft in the air and believe that nothings suppose to break. I'm more of a basher but not to the extreme that I want to break it. We all know that all RC's will break that the business in RC. You can't expect your RC not break or fail because then where's the business to keep these companies making more RC's. Sometimes the engineering that goes into some of these RC's have failed and that it when as RC enthusiast gets a sour taste in their mouth. In any event I decided to replace my 6S ESC on my X-MAXX for an 8S ESC from Traxxas this is after couple of years gone by. The only reason I did it was to experience the power of an 8S X-MAXX. I did not change anything else nor did I buy the Power Up Kit. I have run my 8S X-MAXX and it flies it's awesome and I ran it against an original 8S X-MAXX and you could not tell the difference. I have not broken anything as of yet but if I do I will replace what breaks. My friend with his 8S X-MAXX has had to replace minors parts but again it just depends how much you abuse your X-MAXX. There's a saying that goes "if you didn't break you didn't have fun with it". I would have to disagree I enjoy running and jumping my X-MAXX and its held up til this date and knowing that it's ready for the next bash is a great feeling. I follow a guy on YOUTUBE and he's a basher but I can honestly say that he spends more time wrenching than running his RC's. Wrenching is part of the fun but when you spend more time wrenching than running than I would think you would have to stop and reevaluate your strategy. I thought I would share my experiences.
    This is great!! Thank you for giving me a review of your 6s on 8s power. I am not an extreme brasher either I have been in the hobby a while and have never been known to bash my rcs very hard, with that being said, I think the 6s on 8s power will be fine, I am not that hard on my stuff, I mean I know how to have fun but I know whatís not needed as far as thrashing my stuff.. I think itís all in how you treat the, and how much you want to spend.. thanks again for your experiences


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  35. #35
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    2,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post




    Pics of the truck


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wow, really love the look of this body shell.

  36. #36
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    Okay, who stole the back of your truck! (lol)

    Wow, that does look cool. It kind of has that desert buggy look to it. I wonder if there's a way you could mount a spare tire on it too.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

  37. #37
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,497
    A stock front bumper is suggested
    Once the 6s cvd pins fail, 8s axle upgrade
    Can dremel and drill to fit 8s axle into 6s hubs an yokes
    fabricator

  38. #38
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Okay, who stole the back of your truck! (lol)

    Wow, that does look cool. It kind of has that desert buggy look to it. I wonder if there's a way you could mount a spare tire on it too.
    The body does look cool but not sure protective it is lol, I plan on getting a new body and a few new parts to freshen it up till something breaks, we will run it.. send er home!!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  39. #39
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,834
    It might be possible to add on a framing structure from the rear shock towers down to the rear bumper. From there it might be possible to make something that would hold, and keep a spare wheel secured.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 12-26-2020 at 06:58 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

  40. #40
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    51
    CAN anyone suggest any good motor/esc combos for the xmaxx? 8s preferred


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •