RC poster

Erevo 2.0 motor upgrade options? What have you tried?

How large of a motor can i fit in? What have people had luck with? Im primarily leaning towards castle/hobbywing but open to other options. I wasnt sure if the 1650kv fits well, if i could go bigger or should keep it around 2200kv? Im pretty new to rc and would love to hear what others have done or think can be done.

RC Enthusiast
    First thing I would do is put a hobby wing max 6 in it you would be surprised how much it wakes it up.

The main issue with the revo is you can't go longer really. Even the stock length (4074) will hit the shock mount if you land it hard enough to flex things. I've been running a blx2050kv 4074 in mine most of this year with a max6 driving it.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC poster
    Unless you use a aftermarket motor mount there’s not much you can do. Honestly it’s a waste of time & money (from my experience anyway)

Figured I may just revive this thread vs starting my own. As curious what motors people have put into this. Search didn't find to much.

Out at the local track today first time 6 months. Car didn't have no where the punch and launch off the jumps it did have. When I had the car

I normally bash. And since gotten a xmaxx the erevo rarly gets used by me more for the kid or friends to use.

Motor has probably gotten hot over the last 3 years. Yet to install the YR fan n heat sink I got for it almost a year ago.

Needs all bearings servicing and diff oil change. So perhaps those things will put a little more pep it it's step. But know will be looking for a replacement motor at some point....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

After my motor died I went to eBay and was looking for motors with 6.5mm bullets on it already, cause Iím lazy and didnít want to mess with soldering on new connectors.

I found an HPI Flux 2200kv that had been pulled out of a Savage XL for 60 dollars, 5 dollars for shipping so 65 total. Itís been awesome. Has a bit more torque than my old Mxl6s castle motor and doesnít get nearly as hot. Itís been a champ so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm just a noob

I know there's a second set of holes in the motor mount thing, but not sure what they are for. Thought I read in the manual or somewhere that they are for a larger OD motor. Anyone running a larger OD that 40mm (42 with fins) motor?

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I know there's a second set of holes in the motor mount thing, but not sure what they are for. Thought I read in the manual or somewhere that they are for a larger OD motor. Anyone running a larger OD that 40mm (42 with fins) motor?
    There are 3 sets of mounting holes, one set is for stock position, second is to raise the motor a bit, and the third set is for big block motors.... I think.

I'm just a noob

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    There are 3 sets of mounting holes, one set is for stock position, second is to raise the motor a bit, and the third set is for big block motors.... I think.

Yeah, forgot about the 3rd set of larger holes. Curious what a "big block" motor is though. Like a 4568? I think that exists...

Yeah, forgot about the 3rd set of larger holes. Curious what a "big block" motor is though. Like a 4568? I think that exists...
    Know we got "big block" for the 1/16 scale

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah big block is something like 4686 or larger. The motor sits up higher and will clear the rear shocks so you can a longer can motor on your Erevo.

I'm just a noob

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Yeah big block is something like 4686 or larger. The motor sits up higher and will clear the rear shocks so you can a longer can motor on your Erevo.

Didn't realize that... guessing I'd have to rethink my rear chassis brace then as it's likely not high enough to clear that!